Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Fake. (the Genuine type)

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• MartinBushMartinBush Frets: 255
    edited February 2020
    Just a thought. If it's a proper shop and some members have had dealings with them, would it not be a good idea to drop them an email?

I could do it, but I didn't want to do so without asking here first so as not to draw attention to this thread in case it caused problems for the forum as a whole. It could be an over-eager work experience person at work, or some attempt at humour, rather than a calculated scam.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • icu81b4icu81b4 Frets: 369
    I bought a 2nd hand Fylde Acoustic from them years and years ago, they were very good to deal with, although their might be a different management in there now. 
  • I have a fender Neckplate for sale if you want your guitar to sound more fendery, I could even leave it some old tea for a few days to make your guitar more vintage fendery. Leave soaking overnight for vintage 80’s a couple of days for vintage 70’s and a week for pre 1960!
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72539
    Since no-one has mentioned it yet so far, I will... the *real* Fender would like to know about this, I'm sure - especially as it's an apparently reputable bricks-and-mortar shop selling it. @MattFGBI might like to pass it on to the right people to have a quiet word with them.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • A quick look at their website would suggest they are indeed a Fender stockist, and this guitar is not listed on their own site. 

In other words, they are fully aware that they shouldn't be doing this. 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • King85King85 Frets: 631
    They must have got stung with this in a trade or something surely and are trying to recoup some of their losses.

I can't fathom why they think it's acceptable to try and sell this on.
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
    King85 said:
    They must have got stung with this in a trade or something surely and are trying to recoup some of their losses.

I can’t fathom why, after having this flagged at least twice according to this thread, eBay have done fuck all about it.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3057
    Seller has removed the ad as the item is no longer available.....good!
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4939
    King85 said:

It's not - it's illegal.
    prowla said:
    King85 said:

It's not - it's illegal.

Oh I know that but surely they must also...
    King85 said:
    They could do that by parting it out and selling the bits, or sanding off the decal and reassembling it with a plain neckplate.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

Or just write it off and take it as a lesson learnt if they had some morals
    King85 said:
    Or just write it off and take it as a lesson learnt if they had some morals
    I don't think there's anything wrong with selling the parts, or even as a complete guitar, as long as all the Fender logo stuff is taken off.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    True