Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Fake. (the Genuine type)

What's Hot
WindmillGuitarsWindmillGuitars Frets: 731
in Guitar tFB Trader
So this is FAKE (The GENUINE fake .. not fake FAKE)

Since when were fake items classified?

Is a genuine fake better than a fake fake? Is a fake fake actually genuine?

I'm lost!

www.windmillguitars.com - Official stockist of Yamaha, Maybach, Fano Guitars, Kithara Guitars, Eastman Guitars, Trent Guitars, Orange Amps, Blackstar Amplification & More! (The artist formerly known as Anchorboy)
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Bold text mine:

Adorned with custom-made "Fender Custom Shop" decals, this Genuine Fake Stratocaster-Style electric guitar will (A) have you rubbing your eyes! With a professional set-up from our talented guitar technicians and all the trimmings to make this guitar look and sound just like a real Fender Stratocaster (such as an engraved Fender backplate & Fender tuners), this triple lipstick pickup beauty may as well be the real deal! Equipped with the typical five-way pickup switch, three control knobs, pearloid scratchplate, a (B) flamed-style maple neck and a sound that is incredibly close to the real thing, you would be grabbing yourself a unique piece of kit to call your very own! Excellent Condition.

(A) Yup. Check out that sweet pickguard fit:

(B) WTF is a flamed-style maple neck???
    www.theflyingacesband.com
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14603
    Brown and sticky!

I like how somebody pushed too hard on one of the machinehead gear housings whilst etching the genuine fake script logo.

The pickguard fits the neck heel well, doncha think? The fingerboard has room for one more fret.

Anyone who freely chooses to buy that item deserves to be ripped off.

You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • WolfetoneWolfetone Frets: 1479
    How on God's Earth can Ebay allow this pile of fake shite on its listings?? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HoraceBHoraceB Frets: 337
    It's like, how much more fake could this be? and the answer is none. None more fake.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8814
    Well I’ve reported it fwiw. Can just see some poor kid getting badly ripped off by this POS down there line.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JeremiahJeremiah Frets: 633
    When I made a pickguard myself by cutting the plastic with a hacksaw, the fit was better than that.
  • Reported 
  • HoraceB said:
    It's like, how much more fake could this be? and the answer is none. None more fake.
    Such a fine line between fake and genuine 
    www.theflyingacesband.com
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TonyRTonyR Frets: 908
    Reported 
    Likewise
    We are all Chameleons...
  • Saw some nice Levis for sale in Turkey once when on hols. The seller assured us they were genuine fakes. Such honesty!
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • CasperCasterCasperCaster Frets: 762
    edited February 2020
    TonyR said:
    Reported 
    Likewise
    Likewise. Passing Off is Passing Off, regardless of how upfront about it you are.

What is most disappointing is that the seller is R&T Music in Barrow. I had always considered them to be a reputable shop, but I wouldn't consider buying from them now. It's pretty shabby to sell goods like that, and they have no control how they are sold on in the future, so R&T Music's behaviour is inexcusable in my view.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8033
    edited February 2020
    My fave bit is this:

All our guitars have a Gold Service before we allow them to leave!!

*A new set of strings (if needed).

*String height, truss rod and intonation adjusted.

*Polished frets.

*Lemon oiled fingerboard (If applicable).

*Electrics checked and serviced.

*A final polish of the guitar before delivery.

So that’s the ‘Gold’ service? They might put some strings on if needed? Jeez, I’d hate to see the Bronze.

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • My fave bit is this:

All our guitars have a Gold Service before we allow them to leave!!

A new set of strings (if needed).
    String height, truss rod and intonation adjusted.
    Polished frets.
    Lemon oiled fingerboard (If applicable).
    Electrics checked and serviced.
    A final polish of the guitar before delivery.

So that’s the ‘Gold’ service? Jeez, I’d hate to see the Bronze.
    Even the Gold Service is proper fake --- it's our one and only Fool's Gold Service. :3
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14603
    Wolfetone said:
    How … can Ebay allow this pile of fake shite on its listings?? 
    HoraceB said:
    eBay and PayPal are only interested in two things. Unfortunately, these are not titties and beer. 

Nope. They just want to rake in listing fees and take their cut of final selling prices. No amount of flagging dodgy listings will result in deletion. 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4974
    It's illegal to sell, regardless of how flippantly they state what it truly is.
    The fake Fender logo forms part of the description.
  • SNAKEBITESNAKEBITE Frets: 1075
    edited February 2020

It's actually a bricks and mortar shop!

I assumed it was a bloke selling out of his bedroom in his mum's house.

• jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12436
    Saw some nice Levis for sale in Turkey once when on hols. The seller assured us they were genuine fakes. Such honesty!
    Last time I was in Turkey to see my dad, a market seller was shouting in his best cod northern accent "Alright love, cheap shite here" Hilarious.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 2483
    TonyR said:
    Reported 
    Likewise
    Likewise. Passing Off is Passing Off, regardless of how upfront about it you are.

What is most disappointing is that the seller is R&T Music in Barrow. I had always considered them to be a reputable shop, but I wouldn't consider buying from them now. It's pretty shabby to sell goods like that, and they have no control how they are sold on in the future, so R&T Music's behaviour is inexcusable in my view.

Yep, genuinely surprised they're advertising this. Had good service from them before so this is sad to see.

*goes off to cross reference the serial number on his amp to make sure it's a genuine genuine and not a genuine fake*
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10348
    Saw some nice Levis for sale in Turkey once when on hols. The seller assured us they were genuine fakes. Such honesty!
    Last time I was in Turkey to see my dad, a market seller was shouting in his best cod northern accent "Alright love, cheap shite here" Hilarious.

Last time I was there, a guy was shouting "Cheaper than Asda".

Made me chuckle. 

Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • SNAKEBITE said:

It's actually a bricks and mortar shop!

I assumed it was a bloke selling out of his bedroom in his mum's house.

Yup, R&T Music in Barrow. It's been there for years. They recently had a nice Tele in stock, which I liked the look of, but I now think I'll pass. I'm not sure if they are an authorised Fender dealer or not - presumably after this they won't be....