Rosewood

What's Hot
now the whole cities rosewood fiasco is at an end do ypu think we will start to see the end to all the nasty pau ferro/Jatoba type alternatives on guitars of recent years?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18918
    Pau Ferro nasty?
    How?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5445
    PS pau ferro is a fantastic wood, generally pricier than rosewood and more difficult to work with.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Pau Ferro nasty?
    How?

Not saying pau ferro is nasty, Rickenbacker have been using it for years and it looks great, however the recent lot of Fenders with cheap looking pale pau ferro just leaves me cold.......

• I hope that rosewood fingerboards will once again become common, the various substitutes that have been available just don’t seem right. Although I quite like ebony and maple boards and have several guitars that have fingerboards made from these woods rosewood is my favourite choice.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18918
    Pau Ferro nasty?
    How?

Not saying pau ferro is nasty, Rickenbacker have been using it for years and it looks great, however the recent lot of Fenders with cheap looking pale pau ferro just leaves me cold.......
    OK, now I'm confused, as that was exactly what you said  " ... do ypu think we will start to see the end to all the nasty pau ferro/Jatoba type alternatives on guitars of recent years?"

Anyway, no worries, just define the lovely rosewood that you would like to see back  ;)

From Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosewood

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30301
      I won't rest till every rosewood tree on earth has been chopped down.
      3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    • SimpleSimonSimpleSimon Frets: 1025
      edited February 2020
      Pau Ferro nasty?
      How?

OK, now I'm confused, as that was exactly what you said  " ... do ypu think we will start to see the end to all the nasty pau ferro/Jatoba type alternatives on guitars of recent years?"

Anyway, no worries, just define the lovely rosewood that you would like to see back 

From Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosewood

Jeez are you the wood police or just trolling? 'nasty pau ferro' as opposed to 'nice pau ferro' the type Fender have been using on their MIM stuff which is lighter/redder and have been dying darker.........'Nice Rosewood' as in the darker more familiar fayre we are all used to.......

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom