Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Blimey, Caroline Flack is dead at 40.

What's Hot
DodgeDodge Frets: 1442
Can't say I was ever an admirer, but 40 is too young.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• sweepysweepy Frets: 4184
    Just saw, I think this will unravel as a case of yet again someone being Trolled on Social Media 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22826
    Sad story, it seems she was a troubled soul.

It's strange, this was on the Daily Mail website (yeah, I know...) a good half hour before it appeared on the BBC.  I guess they were checking their facts.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Just had it flash up. Presumably suicide or accidental overdose. 
    I can’t say I knew much about her but she’d been let go from Love Island following the accusations of her assaulting her partner so I guess she was at a low ebb. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    The family statement confirms "that our Caroline passed away". Drugs?
  • Media will pick her corpse of every morsel of gossip and insinuation. The cult of celebrity seems to eat them up and spit them out in the harshest way these days.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • The news saying took her own life now. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • From what I gather on twitter, the Sun has a lot to answer for. A sick, evil rag of a paper. They give it away for free at my local shop. Apparently they’ve deleted a lot of articles which were basically bullying her. It needs to go the way ot the News of the World. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22826
    Everybody's being blamed this morning - the press, social media, ITV, the CPS.  I very much doubt there are any simple answers.
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6111
    edited February 2020
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11754
    Poor woman, obviously had a lot of demons, and if nothing else final proof that being famous and attractive does not automatically mean happy.

If it's another life taken by the tabloids is it enough to stop people buying foul rags like the Sun yet?
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • BodBod Frets: 1300
    equalsql said:
    Never heard of her.
    Then there's nothing to see here, and even less to comment upon.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 15reaction image Wisdom
  • PhilW1PhilW1 Frets: 942
    Puts all the Philip Schofield non story into perspective doesn’t it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    Sad news, I didn't watch her kind of shows but I have seen her at various times over the years.
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16095
    Never seen her on TV but Social media / Celebrity cult and Scummy muck-raking gossip Newspapers are Poison and have a lot to answer for ........not everybody is mentally resilient enough to deal with this phenomena .
    The whole BBC / Cliff Richard case was a disgrace.......I'm not a Cliff fan but he himself admitted it half killed him.
    What a terrible tragedy for a reasonably young life .
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10272

Very sad, and a bit of a shock. I remember her back from nearly twenty years ago when she played Michael Jacksons dancer, Bubbles on Bo Selecta, but never watched anything she'd been in since. Seemed a bit of a troubled soul, especially since her arrest.

Dan Wootton getting called out online, though not undeserved, the horrible piece of shit that he is.

Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • shrinkwrapshrinkwrap Frets: 512
    edited February 2020
    Poor woman - even ignoring the Sun and the trolls, ITV dumped her mercilessly and the CPS actions seem malicious. I avoid celeb stuff like the plague but remembered her from watching XFactor with my daughter and the CPS business over her boyfriend was all very odd.
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2409
    Tragic news. It goes to show there's a fine line between appearing okay, coping, and losing it altogether. 

But it genuinely makes me sad that a much loved beautiful woman with a great personality throws her life away because of scum, pond life press, and the abomination that is social media. If this is what it can do to good people, then they all need binning. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33797
    Honestly the first I've heard of her is this announcement of her suicide, but I don't really follow celebrity culture stuff.
    Desperately sad for her- the media needs to examine how it treats individuals.
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    Alas, now she's left this world, feeling sad for her is a bit pointless. Who we should give some thought to though, are the family and friends she leaves behind.

I'm in two minds here.

One mind asks where was the support from those close to Caroline Flack? Where were her friends in times of need? Her parents? Her three siblings? Did they not notice there was a long-running problem? Maybe ... but then ....

... the other mind asks why she couldn't feel she could share her problems with those close to her? Especially her twin sister. What drove her to cock her nose at the sanctity of life? 

I doubt very much whether it's anything to with the bollox already in the media, where it's turning in on itself, claiming it was the printed word that drove her. Drivel. Plenty of others survive the publicity. I hope we don't see her death as an excuse to inflict further restrictions on freedom of speech. But instead look at the ways we can support people like her with troubled minds.

Maybe there's a wider lesson we can learn through the circumstances that led up to her suicide. About society, family and friendships. Maybe we all have to work harder and better to keep those we love from burning out?

RIP Miss Flack. You leave us with a challenge. If we take up the baton, then with what better legacy from your short life could you have left us?
    0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5164
    RIP.....ITV drop her for an alleged assault but stand by a Male drunk driver presenter.....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 11reaction image Wisdom