Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Taste...and less

What's Hot

Comments

• PhilKingPhilKing Frets: 1480
    They weigh less than a Les Paul, actually a lot less.  They are Korina and thinner, with no maple cap.

Here's the boots, just to show that I have a sense of humor (I'm not a big country music fan, but the boots are really comfy).

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • You could always swap those knobs and use them as speaker spikes.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TenebrousTenebrous Frets: 1332
    PhilKing said:
    They weigh less than a Les Paul, actually a lot less.  They are Korina and thinner, with no maple cap.

Here's the boots, just to show that I have a sense of humor (I'm not a big country music fan, but the boots are really comfy).

Gotta draw the line at those boots I'm afraid! Really though, such a cool & unique collection.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WolfetoneWolfetone Frets: 1479
    Absolutely fucking hideous. The shape, the decoration...everything.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72339
    It’s a shame the pickup covers are so plain and boring, otherwise it would be quite nice...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18751
    I read the description.
    "Body Wood : Select Mahogany"  well I know what that means to Epiphone owners...
    Oh wait a minute, the body is " Korina finished in opulent Shipwreck". WTF is Shipwreck & how is it opulent??
    As for the fretboard being inlaid with Bedouin... is that even legal  :o  Makes CITES look tame
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I really like the shape of them... 
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• PhilKing said:
    You have to actually try them.  I know they are very Marmite in the looks, but they play well and can cover a whole range of sounds.  I have 3 of them, and yes, one is the cheaper version of this one.  I hadn't wanted the elaborate fingerboard inlay, but they didn't have the one I wanted and fitted this for free (before asking me!).

Hell yeah son! This is why guitar forums are awesome. I do like alot of the ornamentation there.

• JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6060
    Noting some of the monstrosities that OP has shown us over the years, this thread title has more than an touch of the pot calling out the kettle... ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • PhilKing said:
    You have to actually try them.  I know they are very Marmite in the looks, but they play well and can cover a whole range of sounds.  I have 3 of them, and yes, one is the cheaper version of this one.  I hadn't wanted the elaborate fingerboard inlay, but they didn't have the one I wanted and fitted this for free (before asking me!).

They are cracking mate. 
    Another one for the lols and wows that abound. A couple more Teyes for you. My old el Platero is the hog one at the back left, the black Coyote on the front right belonged to a guy I knew, it’s rare to find two Teyes in a room.
    https://www.flickr.com/gp/157224850@N02/vmDy8G
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8030
    edited February 2020
    JezWynd said:
    Noting some of the monstrosities that OP has shown us over the years, this thread title has more than an touch of the pot calling out the kettle...
    Indeed...there’s some truth in that.

However, IMHO, there’s an OTT, errr...vulgarity in Teyes which I can never reconcile.

It’s as if someone who had never seen a Minarik Manta, PRS Dragon, Zemaitis, Liberace’s bathroom, Faberge eggs or Moroccan ceramics just had them verbally described, then given a workshop to play in...

But then again, WTF do I know? Some of my favourite guitars look like this...

https://images.reverb.com/image/upload/s--v096WqPP--/f_auto,t_supersize/v1558544448/a3dwtobx6g0jhx0dgjhg.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/1YiqWiK.jpg

D

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

3reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72339
    The odd thing is that I’m not normally a fan of ornate-ness in any way, but I do like these... boring pickups aside, that was a serious comment :). They need something engraved to match the rest of it.

Not quite sure I would own one, but there are an almost infinite number of guitars I’d be less willing to.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• impmannimpmann Frets: 12665
    Sorry, whilst I'm sure that they are super well built and sound/play amazing... genuinely they look like a child got busy with the Crayolas and glitter. 

Just because you can do something doesn't necessarily mean you should...
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14426
    Does the Stepp DG1 accept contactless payment?
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • i think they are quite beautiful.
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11448
    JezWynd said:
    Noting some of the monstrosities that OP has shown us over the years, this thread title has more than an touch of the pot calling out the kettle...
    Indeed...there’s some truth in that.

However, IMHO, there’s an OTT, errr...vulgarity in Teyes which I can never reconcile.

It’s as if someone who had never seen a Minarik Manta, PRS Dragon, Zemaitis, Liberace’s bathroom, Faberge eggs or Moroccan ceramics just had them verbally described, then given a workshop to play in...

But then again, WTF do I know? Some of my favourite guitars look like this...

https://images.reverb.com/image/upload/s--v096WqPP--/f_auto,t_supersize/v1558544448/a3dwtobx6g0jhx0dgjhg.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/1YiqWiK.jpg

D
    But you only pay about a fiver for them.  The price of these ugly monstrosities is outrageous.
  • crunchman said:

But you only pay about a fiver for them.  The price of these ugly monstrosities is outrageous.
    True... ;)

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• Does the Stepp DG1 accept contactless payment?
    Sadly, no...it’s pre-internet. ;)

• I think the Liberace comment above has a lot of truth in it, my wife would agree too. However, I love Teye guitars. :)
  • What's the white square one with the pink pickups & Floyd, @HarrySeven?
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)