Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Homeland Back On

What's Hot
guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14243
edited February 2020 in Off Topic tFB Trader
Homeland - New Series - Missed it last night but have it on record - Might wait a couple of weeks and have a binge catch up session

Believe this is the last series so hope it's a good 'un
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• It got off to a pretty good start :)
    'Vot eva happened to the Transylvanian Tvist?'
  • JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1527
    Ive got a load of Gotham to watch so i will look forward to Binge watching Homeland. cheers
  • I haven't seen any yet, but I've been meaning to. Back in the day I really liked 24, and a couple of my friends said it was like a more realistic and gritty version of that, in that it has that "Oh shit, how are they going to get out of this?" edge of panic feeling while you're watching it
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14243
    tFB Trader
    I haven't seen any yet, but I've been meaning to. Back in the day I really liked 24, and a couple of my friends said it was like a more realistic and gritty version of that, in that it has that "Oh shit, how are they going to get out of this?" edge of panic feeling while you're watching it
    I was a big 24 fan - Homeland is different - Certainly far less gun ho - More 'surveillance and intricate' - Both are good - CIA based drama - And of course Carrie is quite easy on the eye albeit plays a bit of a screwed up character at times - Stories are up to date with regards to world events and who is deemed to be the 'baddie'
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2928
    The first 3 series were absolutely brilliant - when old matey bit the big one I lost interest in it though.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Bidley said:
    The first 3 series were absolutely brilliant - when old matey bit the big one I lost interest in it though.
    True, FWIW S4 was decent but S5 was awesome. Deffo worth seeing S5.

My faves are S1, S2 & S5
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6389
    edited February 2020
    It would be imrpoved a lot with a bit less OTT acting from Claire Danes. I find that the least believeable (that someone so unstable could function in the intelligence community) and the most annoying
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    Jalapeno said:
    It would be imrpoved a lot with a bit less OTT acting from Claire Danes. I find that the least believeable (that someone so unstable could function in the intelligence community) and the most annoying
    I thought the same about Idris Elba's character in Luther. I don't care how many cases he closes, if he smashes up one more office, he's out on his ear.
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6389
    WI
    Sassafras said:
    Jalapeno said:
    I thought the same about Idris Elba's character in Luther. I don't care how many cases he closes, if he smashes up one more office, he's out on his ear.

WIS'd
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11896
    Homeland - New Series - Missed it last night but have it on record - Might wait a couple of weeks and have a binge catch up session

that's my plan. I've binge-watched so many things now that having to wait a week for each episode really gets on my tits
    tFB Trader

that's my plan. I've binge-watched so many things now that having to wait a week for each episode really gets on my tits
    I know where you are coming from - And it gets rid of the ads, the 'previously on 24' opening thread plus the intro tune + credits etc - Turns a 60 min show into a 48 min show
  • Brilliant series.

Brilliant.
  • I really liked the first few seasons. It had a bit of a dive past that but still decent political fiction series. 
    I'll wait until I can ginge watch it. 

True - I am currently in the middle of HBO's "Outsider" and the 7day wait for the next episode makes it lose it's momentum sadly.
  • Might have to try catching up and getting back into this. I loved the first series but for some reason never got into the second one.

If anyone's looking for something else vaguely similar to binge-watch, I've just finished a binge of 'Baghdad Central' on All4. Highly recommended! Interesting and refreshing to see a story told from the perspective of the Iraqi families involved in these kind of Western military/intelligence investigations.

• breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10272
    I really liked the first few seasons. It had a bit of a dive past that but still decent political fiction series. 
    I'll wait until I can ginge watch it. 

True - I am currently in the middle of HBO's "Outsider" and the 7day wait for the next episode makes it lose it's momentum sadly.

I'm watching Outsider too. I've been watching week by week, but binged the first five episodes last week which helped a lot with the odd bits that I'd not picked up previously. It is very slow (but still very good, I might add) so binge watching does make more sense.

Homeland is fantastic, I've been waiting in anticipation for ages for this season. I'm going to record them all and binge watch in a few weeks as I have done with Baghdad Central.

Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    tFB Trader

Might have to try catching up and getting back into this. I loved the first series but for some reason never got into the second one.

If anyone's looking for something else vaguely similar to binge-watch, I've just finished a binge of 'Baghdad Central' on All4. Highly recommended! Interesting and refreshing to see a story told from the perspective of the Iraqi families involved in these kind of Western military/intelligence investigations.

My daughters first words were some form of Baghdad - We never quite new if she was trying to say Dad Da or Baghdad - Time of the 2nd Gulf War and Baghdad was getting daily mentions on the news
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2400
    Jalapeno said:
    Agreed - and that's why I can't watch it anymore. Think I got to season 3, and she just annoyed the hell out of me with the constant gurning and wide-eyed acting.
  • I haven't seen any yet, but I've been meaning to. Back in the day I really liked 24, and a couple of my friends said it was like a more realistic and gritty version of that, in that it has that "Oh shit, how are they going to get out of this?" edge of panic feeling while you're watching it
    I was a big 24 fan - Homeland is different - Certainly far less gun ho - More 'surveillance and intricate' - Both are good - CIA based drama - And of course Carrie is quite easy on the eye albeit plays a bit of a screwed up character at times - Stories are up to date with regards to world events and who is deemed to be the 'baddie'
    The first few series of 24 were good but the story lines started getting a bit too daft so I stopped watching. Homeland is miles better IMO.
    My trading feedback can be seen here - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58242/
  • Sassafras said:
    Jalapeno said:

I think it in most American movies: a crack team of marines/commandos/navy seals/whatever go completely to pieces when one of their number is killed... I'm not a soldier but I'm pretty sure they're trained to cope with that sort of scenario
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• Sassafras said:
    Jalapeno said:

I think it in most American movies: a crack team of marines/commandos/navy seals/whatever go completely to pieces when one of their number is killed... I'm not a soldier but I'm pretty sure they're trained to cope with that sort of scenario
    I wonder how they train for that.....
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ