Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Homeland Back On

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15560
    Sassafras said:
    Jalapeno said:
    It would be imrpoved a lot with a bit less OTT acting from Claire Danes. I find that the least believeable (that someone so unstable could function in the intelligence community) and the most annoying
    I thought the same about Idris Elba's character in Luther. I don't care how many cases he closes, if he smashes up one more office, he's out on his ear.

I think it in most American movies: a crack team of marines/commandos/navy seals/whatever go completely to pieces when one of their number is killed... I'm not a soldier but I'm pretty sure they're trained to cope with that sort of scenario
    I wonder how they train for that.....
    not sure if serious, but basically, during exercises you have umpires, who quite literally go around designating the dead and wounded. You do train extensively on how to react if someone gets hit.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Sounds totally like watching someone get their face blown off in front of you and I have the full expectation that anyone receiving such awesome training would react in exactly the same way as they would under exercise conditions.

(so..yeah...might not have been entirely serious). 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15560
    edited February 2020
    Sounds totally like watching someone get their face blown off in front of you and I have the full expectation that anyone receiving such awesome training would react in exactly the same way as they would under exercise conditions.

(so..yeah...might not have been entirely serious). 
    well, the goal of training is to override what may be a normal human reaction. Let's face it, it's hardly normal to advance into the enemy fire. It comes down to reprogramming people to do something that is totally unnatural. 

EDIT: I guess an analogy could be how trauma medics are trained. Most people, if they had to deal with someone who's been mashed up in an accident, would go to complete pieces from shock, but clearly through training and experience, trauma medics are able to operate calmly.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30301
    I doubt soldiers need lessons in macho posturing.
    They're tough bastards (or they should be).
  • Homeland was only worth watching when Morena Baccarin was in it.
  • Homeland was only worth watching when Morena Baccarin was in it.
    She's cute but not the greatest actress. 

Shown was worth watching regardless.