Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Dr. Feelgood

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• rlwrlw Frets: 4730
    switch625 said:
    I thought this was going to be about the Motley Crue song. Never heard of this band but they seem alright!

Where have you been hiding?
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Neil said:
    Remember buying "Stupidity" on vinyl in Woolworths. 

Great live album. 
    I got that as a teenager, I loved it so much that when the DVD came out a few years ago, I bought that, too.

The 'stagecraft' involves Wilko and John walking backwards and forwards for the entire gig. And that was it. :-D

I saw them in Manchester in 1978 with Mayo and I had a good night.

Someone once posted a thing from the tube a few years ago, of them playing something in the middle of a French country town. Most of the locals were baffled, but they watched nonetheless.

They were indeed a great band.
    If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • cj73cj73 Frets: 1003
    Philtre said:
    Saw them play at Lewisham Odeon in the 70s. Wilko did his duck walk thing from the back to the front of the stage all night.
    Massive stage or really short set?;)
    9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

• Philtre said:
    It’s good but without Wilco it’s not Dr Feelgood to me
    It'd feel good if it was Wilko.

Gypie Mayo was a fine guitar player, in many ways far more technical than Wilko, he actually played on all the Feelgoods chart hits except Sneaking Suspicion.
    Where Wilko was so much better was in pure, scissor leaping, robotic insanity on stage, and his wonderfully crisp and powerful rhythm/lead style.   
    Gypie lived in Bath and used to meet up with him a few times. I live next door to another blues guitarist and they used to jam together there. Such a nice guy too. I had a guitar lesson off him once. Died too young :( 
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • Neil said:

Great live album. 
    I got that as a teenager, I loved it so much that when the DVD came out a few years ago, I bought that, too.

The 'stagecraft' involves Wilko and John walking backwards and forwards for the entire gig. And that was it. :-D

Someone once posted a thing from the tube a few years ago, of them playing something in the middle of a French country town. Most of the locals were baffled, but they watched nonetheless.

@TheOtherDennis ;

Here you go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0Q9Zc7nZjw
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7344
    French have no class = no clapping??
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Really enjoyed those videos.  Wonder what Wilko would have done if he wasn't constrained by a cable to his amplifier ?
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31648
    Really enjoyed those videos.  Wonder what Wilko would have done if he wasn't constrained by a cable to his amplifier ?
    He would've drowned in the Thames estuary. 
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Nige458 said:
    Neil said:

Great live album. 

@TheOtherDennis ;

Here you go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0Q9Zc7nZjw
    Ta for that. :-)

Love the way they give it everything despite getting almost nothing back - there are about four teenagers having a good time, while everyone else is thinking "Quoi le actuel fuck?? Qui somme ces anglais bonneurs?"
    If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • It’s good but without Wilco it’s not Dr Feelgood to me
    Have to agree with ya Con. , I'm like that about Bon Scott and acca dacca too. 'orses for courses and all that. Hope youre well, Will
  • I actually remember the very first time I ever saw or heard about Dr Feelgood. It was watching a Saturday morning rock show on ITV from Newcastle. Saw them live a few times after that and they were always a good live act. A few years back I found a video of that tv show on You Tube and here it is for your delectation, enjoy.

• My favourite Old Grey Whistle Test clip. I love Wilko's playing so much I named my dog after him.

His album with Roger Daltrey was great too.
  • @saltyseadog ; fantastic video despite the Jimmy Saville wannabee presenting.  

@scalino65 , with you on that mate although Badk in Black was some album, thought Black Ice felt like a bit of a return to the early days too. Hope things are good with you too old chap :-)
  • I actually remember the very first time I ever saw or heard about Dr Feelgood. It was watching a Saturday morning rock show on ITV from Newcastle. Saw them live a few times after that and they were always a good live act. A few years back I found a video of that tv show on You Tube and here it is for your delectation, enjoy.

Oh thanks for linking that! Someone in teh studio obviously had a sense of humour or didnt like Wilco...that stage is designed to see how quickly he'll fall of it!:)
  • Loved the original Wilco era lineup. I saw them at the old Guildford Civic Hall, they were a real breath of fresh air at the time.