£1 eBay fees t’s&c’s confusion.

What's Hot
Hi folks, I currently have a couple of basses and pedals that I listed last week as part of the £1 eBay promo. They are all due to end this Sunday & Monday but there is another £1 promo on this weekend too.
I’m a bit confused about what happens when the items automatically relist within the promo period. Reading through the terms, part of it says that relisted items will qualify and yet further down it reads that items that are automatically relisted do not.
Has anyone had experience with this? Do I end the items as they auto relist and restart them?
cheers in advance!
The Swamp City Shakers
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1527
    edited February 2020
    Activate the offer again when the listing ends if possible. If not I would wait for offer. If you leave it to relist I don't think you will get the offer as I think you need to  accept/activate it. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • It will renew in a month and charge full fees. So you have until then. If you aren’t concerned about watchers (who will likely see it’s been reposted), end it now, relist immediately: a full month to go. 
    Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5445
    Yeah, if they autorelist you are screwed. End them and relist if you need to... that will be fine. 
  • Yes just keep an eye on them and end them and resist. I seem to get the offer every two weeks at the weekend 
  • I belive if you have already posted the item you cannot repost and use the £1 offer regardless of cancelling the item early, Im pretty sure I saw what in the t and cs
  • I belive if you have already posted the item you cannot repost and use the £1 offer regardless of cancelling the item early, Im pretty sure I saw what in the t and cs
    I hope that’s not true or I’m going to get stiffed with their fees next month.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • gavin_axecastergavin_axecaster Frets: 526
    tFB Trader
    I belive if you have already posted the item you cannot repost and use the £1 offer regardless of cancelling the item early, Im pretty sure I saw what in the t and cs

You can with a new offer - I've done it. End the listing, activate the new offer and relist. Or if you want to be absolutely sure, "sell similar" rather than relisting. This will also give you a visibility boost as a new listing.
  • Cheers folks. They don’t make it very clear do they. I’m not liking the auto relist either, that always used to be an option you could turn on rather than being default.
    can someone just buy my stuff on here please to save me from the fleabay agro!
    The Swamp City Shakers

You can with a new offer - I've done it. End the listing, activate the new offer and relist. Or if you want to be absolutely sure, "sell similar" rather than relisting. This will also give you a visibility boost as a new listing.
    I’ve already accepted the new offer but items are still running. Will this validate when I end and relist?
    The Swamp City Shakers
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10267
    You need to end the listing and relist it within the promotional period. That's it. 
  • You need to end the listing and relist it within the promotional period. That's it. 

Thank you! You make it sound so easy 
    The Swamp City Shakers
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5445
    You can indeed just end and relist. Have done it many times and only been ever charged £1. I usually end it with “error in price” as the reason and then relist with a slightly tweaked price though. 
  • Whitecat said:
    You can indeed just end and relist. Have done it many times and only been ever charged £1. I usually end it with “error in price” as the reason and then relist with a slightly tweaked price though. 
    Phew!
  • I haven't seen the £1 fees offer this week - must be 'by invite only' :(
  • I haven't seen the £1 fees offer this week - must be 'by invite only' :(
    Feeling special now!
    The Swamp City Shakers
    I haven't seen the £1 fees offer this week - must be 'by invite only' :(
    You need to have a certain seller rating and meet the seller standards. Otherwise I don't know. Check the terms for these offers. 
  • thebreezethebreeze Frets: 2808
    edited February 2020
    What if it's on a 7 day auction, doesn't sell and gets automatically relisted for another 7 days?  Is that (the second auction)  within the month?  Or has the automatic relist removed it from the offer?
  • thebreeze said:
    What if it's on a 7 day auction, doesn't sell and gets automatically relisted for another 7 days?  Is that (the second auction)  within the month?  Or has the automatic relist removed it from the offer?
    It looks like the auto relist removes it from the offer. When it auto relists, you need to end item and then relist it. Seems a bit daft really 
    The Swamp City Shakers
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited February 2020
    thebreeze said:
    No it has to be listed within the promotional period. If you relist it when the promotion has ended, ie 'List for no fees for the next 3 days' then you're not listing it in the promotional period. 
  • thebreezethebreeze Frets: 2808
    Thanks chaps, it really is confusing isn’t it?