£1 eBay fees t’s&c’s confusion.

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• thebreeze said:
    Thanks chaps, it really is confusing isn’t it?
    It’s almost as if they deliberately made the T&Cs difficult to understand...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mark123mark123 Frets: 1325
    You need to end the listing and relist it within the promotional period. That's it. 
    this ^^^^
    end the listing 
    accept £1 offer
    relist
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10266
    I don't think it's that confusing. List it. Sell it.

Good luck with your sale!
  • mark123 said:
    You need to end the listing and relist it within the promotional period. That's it. 
    this ^^^^
    end the listing 
    accept £1 offer
    relist
    Both of the above.....it's not difficult.
  • mark123 said:
    this ^^^^
    end the listing 
    accept £1 offer
    relist
    Another vote for "it's not difficult".

Whenever I get a £1 offer, I bulk end everything I have for sale, and relist.  From the old style selling page you just click the tick at the top and it selects everything.  Click on end.  Then select all unsold items and relist.  Takes about 60 seconds.

One little tip is - to check your items actually are in the offer, scroll down to the bottom of the My eBay / Selling page - at the bottom it will list Promotional Offers.  Have a look at the number under "Used" - this should correspond with the number of items you have for sale.  A nice way to get peace of mind that the items are definitely part of the offer.  For the most paranoid amongst us, click on the number and take a screen shot of the item numbers listed - that way you have cast iron proof that the item was listed for the £1 fees offer.
  • mark123 said:
    this ^^^^
    end the listing 
    accept £1 offer
    relist

Whenever I get a £1 offer, I bulk end everything I have for sale, and relist.  From the old style selling page you just click the tick at the top and it selects everything.  Click on end.  Then select all unsold items and relist.  Takes about 60 seconds.

One little tip is - to check your items actually are in the offer, scroll down to the bottom of the My eBay / Selling page - at the bottom it will list Promotional Offers.  Have a look at the number under "Used" - this should correspond with the number of items you have for sale.  A nice way to get peace of mind that the items are definitely part of the offer.  For the most paranoid amongst us, click on the number and take a screen shot of the item numbers listed - that way you have cast iron proof that the item was listed for the £1 fees offer.
    Well the fact that people are asking about it suggests it’s not that easy. I have 3 items for sale. I definitely listed them all after accepting the £1 offer. I just checked the Promotional Offers section like you suggest. It’s only showing one item under “Used”. So, like I said, not that easy after all.
  • thebreezethebreeze Frets: 2808
    mark123 said:
    this ^^^^
    end the listing 
    accept £1 offer
    relist

Well the fact that people are asking about it suggests it’s not that easy. I have 3 items for sale. I definitely listed them all after accepting the £1 offer. I just checked the Promotional Offers section like you suggest. It’s only showing one item under “Used”. So, like I said, not that easy after all.
    Yep, agreed.  Of course it's easy; the "accept", list it etc. but there's no overt info about the differences between auctions and just listing it for a month etc.  The impression is it's £1 fees for a month but it's not that simple and you've really got to be on the case not to fall foul of automatic relistings and the like.
  • ModellistaModellista Frets: 2041
    edited February 2020
    mark123 said:
    this ^^^^
    end the listing 
    accept £1 offer
    relist

I can only presume you listed two of them after the offer ended.  You get a window of 2-4 days depending on the terms of that particular £1 deal - however once listed, it lasts for a month.  Always more than enough time to relist under the next £1 deal that comes along - once you get the hang of it it's £1 fees ad infinitum.
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10266
    You list it within the promotional period. You can list and relist it within the 3 or 4 day period and keep the promotion but after that, if the auction ends or it doesn't sell within a month that's it.

If it goes over a month, or you end it early after 12 days and relist, or if its a 7 day auction and it ends and you have to relist it, or if someone buys it and doesn't pay and you relist it, it's done and you don't get the promotion unless those things happen and you relist it within the 3-4 days that it tells you it's valid.

Hope this clears it up. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • You list it within the promotional period. You can list and relist it within the 3 or 4 day period and keep the promotion but after that, if the auction ends or it doesn't sell within a month that's it.

If it goes over a month, or you end it early after 12 days and relist, or if its a 7 day auction and it ends and you have to relist it, or if someone buys it and doesn't pay and you relist it, it's done and you don't get the promotion unless those things happen and you relist it within the 3-4 days that it tells you it's valid.

Hope this clears it up. 
    Yeah.....clear as mud !