Best store websites for secondhand gear?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Richtone used to be good but they won’t ship used amps so they end up with stuff hanging around for months 

They also don’t check over the used gear before putting it on sale. Twice now I’ve bought guitars that were riddled with issues 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5452
    Richtone used to be good but they won’t ship used amps so they end up with stuff hanging around for months 

They also don’t check over the used gear before putting it on sale. Twice now I’ve bought guitars that were riddled with issues 
    The level of detail they'll post about any given item on their website can best be described as "nonexistent" as well which is pretty annoying. You have to contact them for spec specifics... but maybe that's their game...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • carloscarlos Frets: 3471
    57Deluxe said:
    Thomann....
    They only have display and b-stock as far as I know
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • clarkefanclarkefan Frets: 808
    jeztone2 said:
    Denmark Street can be funny. A lot of the hipsters know sweet FA about anything not hip. So I’ve seen a 1980’s John Sykes Japanese Tokai LP Custom for £200. There was a Max Les Paul for £3500 that seemed to go very quickly. But then I’ve seen late 80’s silver series Squiers listed as JV’s. Also the Shaftesbury bolt on LP’s for £350 made me laugh. 

Trouble is I only see the bargains when I’m skint. 
    If that really was an actual Max Les Paul (how would they know?) then somebody made out like a bandit.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I’ve had solid experience with Richtone buying a Mint USA G&L last summer for very reasonable dough. Or a lucky experience you could say - as stated already here, the condition report on used goods is nonexistent. I was fully expected a few dings here, which happily did not materialise upon delivery. 
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8812
    Ann Summers.

'Mildly used: minmal stains'
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4198
    edited March 2020
    Tune Inn in Lee SE12 
    http://www.tuneinn.co.uk/Latest
    These guys are a 5-min walk from me - if ever someone wants something checked out in person let me know 

@rlw - yes, prices aren’t the best but I think they’d haggle
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    clarkefan said:
    jeztone2 said:
    Denmark Street can be funny. A lot of the hipsters know sweet FA about anything not hip. So I’ve seen a 1980’s John Sykes Japanese Tokai LP Custom for £200. There was a Max Les Paul for £3500 that seemed to go very quickly. But then I’ve seen late 80’s silver series Squiers listed as JV’s. Also the Shaftesbury bolt on LP’s for £350 made me laugh. 

Trouble is I only see the bargains when I’m skint. 
    If that really was an actual Max Les Paul (how would they know?) then somebody made out like a bandit.
    They did. I saw it. Then went for a coffee and a think, then I rang my bank to arrange an overdraft.

By the time I got back to the store it had gone. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7593
    On the old forum we had curated a list of cracking on for fifty links to either shop pages with used listings or just links to shops who if you call em had decent used stock - some known online places and others from forum members telling about their local - it was ace - it got lost when MR closed unannounced. 

Would be cool to get all that into one post again... 
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom