can't find the exact series of this guitar !! need help!!!

What's Hot
hey guys, so I got this guitar from Switzerland but it doesn't look like all blade guitars its very different ,pickups , bridge .... if someone had or saw a guitar like this one let me know I am so curious about this one .
check the link for the pictures
thank you https://postimg.cc/gallery/37x84iycs/
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27655
    edited February 2020
    You're asking people for help - at least make it a bit easier for them by putting the pics in the thread.  It's not hard ...

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18922
    Whoa, that is one wonky tuner fitting.
  • Whoa, that is one wonky tuner fitting.

Based on that then I reckon it must be a Gibson
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14553
    edited February 2020
    its very different pickups, bridge
    The bridge and tailpiece are inspired by Zemaitis. The pickups are inspired by Danelectro "Lipstick" single coils.

The battery compartment implies either a switchable signal booster device, a built-in noise canceller or a piezo transducer for faux acoustic sounds.

Kittyfrisk said:
    that is one wonky tuner fitting.
    Probably a repair performed in a hurry at a gig because the original screw hole was torn out. The correct solution is to fill and redrill.

guitar from Switzerland
    Gary Levinson/Blade design HQ was in Switzerland. The guitars were actually manufactured in Japan. 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23033
    Never seen anything like it before.  Presumably it is some obscure Blade model, but I can't imagine the bridge is original, surely Blade/Levinson wouldn't copy something so quirky and distinctive.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72539
    Whoa, that is one wonky tuner fitting.
    Based on that then I reckon it must be a Gibson
    lol, beat me to it :).

The battery compartment implies either a switchable signal booster device, a built-in noise canceller or a piezo transducer for faux acoustic sounds.
    There appear to be three holes in the backplate which would correspond with the EQ trimmers on a Levinson VSC circuit - which is active. Those three holes are the only thing apart from the logo which makes me think it has anything to do with Levinson at all... although I could be wrong.

The wonky tuner is *very* un-Levinson though - unless it's been knocked and then refitted wrongly.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23033
    edited February 2020
    ICBM said:
    Those three holes are the only thing apart from the logo which makes me think it has anything to do with Levinson at all... although I could be wrong.

I think the pickups, scratchplate and control layout do have a slight whiff of the Levinson "modern take on something classic" aesthetic.  But it is quite out-there.
  • AdeyAdey Frets: 2298
    TTony said:
    You're asking people for help - at least make it a bit easier for them by putting the pics in the thread.  It's not hard...
    I can't seem to work out how to do it :-(
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14553
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27655
    Adey said:
    TTony said:
    You're asking people for help - at least make it a bit easier for them by putting the pics in the thread.  It's not hard...
    I can't seem to work out how to do it :-(
    @Adey ;
    It depends on which image host you're using, and also whether you're using PC, Mac, iPad, phone or some other device to use the forum - but there are help threads that cover most options.  Essentially you just need the address of the image and paste it into the text box here using the little page-turned-down icon on the textbox menu bar.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.