GAS for OldSkool Heavy metal single pickup superstrats??! Anyone help me ??!!

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
    Must admit, I always considered 'superstrats' as being punchy with humbuckers, maybe extra pickups, upgraded trems etc.  although I do love the minimalist look.

Basically, guitars, I like them fat, I like them tall, some skinny, some small, I got to get to know them all  :-D
    I do so love a Whatnaut moment.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • bazxkrbazxkr Frets: 615
    I have a mint Charvel Wildcard # 8 that has single pup EMG85, volume and kill switch, Floyd, ebony board to move on if of interest
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006
    Philly_Q said:

You mentioned the NWOBHM, those guys slightly pre-dated the single pickup Superstrat era and many started out using customised regular Strats.

With that in mind, I always thought Joe Holmes was cool with his highly-modified '70s Strats (not sure if he got new necks made or somehow had a 22nd fret added)

Image result for joe holmes

That is feckin lovely 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • riffpowersriffpowers Frets: 344
    never thought of washburn.
    Modded strats are also cool, motorhead, angelwitch !!
  • chris45chris45 Frets: 221
    Philly_Q said:

You mentioned the NWOBHM, those guys slightly pre-dated the single pickup Superstrat era and many started out using customised regular Strats.

With that in mind, I always thought Joe Holmes was cool with his highly-modified '70s Strats (not sure if he got new necks made or somehow had a 22nd fret added)

Really nice - I agree that the NWOBHM thing would be modded strats - that example has a really Fast Eddie Clarke thing.  And of course Dave Murray was a modded strat player in the early days
  • riffpowersriffpowers Frets: 344
    Does anyone know what model the fender superstrat with the single humbucker, no scracthplate, and  sidemounted jack is??
  • Bennyboy-UKBennyboy-UK Frets: 1726
    Does anyone know what model the fender superstrat with the single humbucker, no scracthplate, and  sidemounted jack is?
    I'm always looking for interesting USA Hamers for sale.

At the moment I'm looking for:
    * Hamer Watson, SS2, Vintage S, T62.
    * Music Man Luke 1, Luke II

Please drop me a message.
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    Philly_Q said:

Wowed for the pic, but would have wis'd what you wrote otherwise. I think that guitar's had a new fingerboard with 22 frets put on the original neck.
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4167
    Could you wear this well?  None more pink.

Welcome to the 2020's.
    Where you can admire another chap's splendid pink thing without fear of misunderstanding...
    Love this, don’t know much about them though what model is it
  • newi123newi123 Frets: 860
    DrBob said:
    Philly_Q said:

That is feckin lovely 
    Agreed - that is very, very cool.

I think I saw him with DLR band on the little ain`t enough tour (if memory serves) probably playing this very guitar. You couldn`t actually hear it in the large cow shed in Shepton Mallet, but it looked very cool!
    Looks like it’s the G2vs

the warren de martini charvels can be picked up for about 700 to 800
    Anyone know if the neck on the LTD GL 200 MT is similar to a charvel ? Would love a tiger guitar . I had the Kramer the neck is a bit chunkier  but prefer charvel style necks.