Help! Reaper suddenly outputs no sound

Hey folks

I've been using Reaper for many months, and suddenly, there's no sound. Levels on the tracks are going up and down as you'd expect, but nothing coming out of the speakers. It was working this morning, I left it running, but went back to it this afternoon and nothing.

Is there something obvious I've pressed? Other applications are playing music fine, so it's specifically Reaper. I'm using a Focusrite 6i6 in case that helps.

I had the Focusrite Control app open at one point, so wonder if it's anything to do with that?

Cheers!

Telecaster American Deluxe, Cornell Romany amp, without the talent to use them properly
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Check the sound device. It may have picked up something else that's plugged in. 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • ijontyijonty Frets: 32
    Check the sound device.

Do you mean the Focusrite? Or in the system preferences in the Mac? I've tried that latter.

Telecaster American Deluxe, Cornell Romany amp, without the talent to use them properly
  • JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1527
    edited March 2020
    Can you close Reaper and open it again. 
  • ijonty said:
    Check the sound device.

Do you mean the Focusrite? Or in the system preferences in the Mac? I've tried that latter.
    Neither. I mean in Reaper. Top right hand corner is the quickest way there. 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    JAYJO said:
    Can you close Reaper and open it again. 

Yeah, I did that, and turned the entire mac off to start again. Will try what @Legionreturns suggests...

Thanks all, think it was a problem with the Focusrite, as I restarted that and it's ok now.

• andy_kandy_k Frets: 818
    focusrite sometimes resets things if you switch apps, My 48k Reaper sessions became 44k sessions when I used logic, or it might have been Audacity that did it--had to change settings on the interface, focusrite scarlet.