Not sure on buying this Charvel on eBay advice?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7158
    edited March 2020
    10% off anything over £100 on eBay today with voucher PROUD10. But it is a maximum £50 saving.
    Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4195
    Damn ,the slime green one has gone. Am after rocket red or neon pink really but I’ve had a slime green and they are still quite appealing. Had a socal and a hot san Dimas in that color
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    How much was it  if you happen to remember
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72514
    I wouldn't pay more than £400 for one of these, or £450 absolute max for as-new condition and if you're certain you will keep it. You will lose a fair bit if you sell it otherwise.

... and that's from knowing two people who have owned them within the last couple of years and sold them.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

You’re spot on there with the price. I see most go for that. I would probably go to 550 for the neon pink san Dimas as that’s the one I would really like.
  • Rich31kRich31k Frets: 794
    Was £499. I didn’t buy it!
    Rich31k said:
    Was £499. I didn’t buy it!
    I could have been tempted actually really want the pink or red though. Thanks for the info though
  • TenebrousTenebrous Frets: 1332
    You’re spot on there with the price. I see most go for that. I would probably go to 550 for the neon pink san Dimas as that’s the one I would really like.

Oh?

*Looks online*

Daaaamn!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • skinfreakskinfreak Frets: 205
    It's a lovely looking guitar. 
    stonevibe said:
    Thanks man ,I’ve been watching this  not sure as it’s not my main choice of color , I have had the slime green already and it’s bloody nice. Very tempting 
  • finest1finest1 Frets: 94
    seller has good feedback. maybe they are ill, or unable to answer. however, I will agree with above. no answer, no buy
    Yes, there’s a nice green one turned up now  which wasn’t my first choice , I got some money for birthdays and Christmas  from relatives and friends  which will go towards buying one . 

It may be my last purchase for a long while though so I want to make sure I get the one I really want and not just Settle for what turns up . Plus with this lock down and the world we know changing so rapidly it might be wise to hold off for a month or two.

The charvels are a dream to play ,I have had two slime green ones a HT san Dimas and a so cal 
    the necks are lovely
  • TedTed Frets: 126
    I think if you can get a written communication with the seller that addresses all your concerns in writing and in detail, that would be a good idea. Otherwise no. Personally I would not buy a guitar unseen from ebay, I did once and it was OK but it felt like a bit of a risk.

You should also check the sellers sales history and his ebay feedback - others can confirm but I think this is difficult to fake.

Yes I always check feedback. eBay are making some of the detective work harder. I used to be able to check their buyers feedback too and you could sometimes see where they had bought an item they are selling and what they paid for it. eBay seems to obfuscate user names now in places so it’s hard to track the history of an item.

Im not totally desperate now and his guitar is way overpriced so with the current situation I’m just going to sit tight unless a mega bargain pops up. 

I thought the slime green might look nice with a white pearl pick guard but pickguards for so cal models only seem to be cut for the American or Japanese version with one pot and a toggle switch  so I’m gonna sit tight for now