Not sure on buying this Charvel on eBay advice?

What's Hot
hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4216

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Charvel-Pro-Mod-So-Cal-Floyd-Rose-HH-Rocket-Red-SD-pickups-w-video-of-guitar/202935988863?hash=item2f3fed727f:g:yegAAOSwx6Fc8VrE

Hi this has been advertised a while. Looking at the video since July last year.

I asked a question about it last week twice but no answer to my question. 

Its listed as hardly having been played  yet it appears to have had the saddle bolts and the nut bolts replaced with ones of a different color.

anyway it was sold on the 8th of March  but whoever bought it has either sent it back or not gone through with the sale as it’s been relisted  by the same seller.

it looks great but could there be some underlying fault ?  It seems fishy that he would not answer a simple question  and now it being re listed  after being sold I’m a bit wary.

its a lot of money to me so thought I’d ask on here. Is it best to trust ones gut/suspicions

Anyone else got a neon neon pink or rocket red pro mod about the same price 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• prowlaprowla Frets: 4970
    Well, it's a nice looking guitar.

I'd be thinking about replacing the pickups, but that's down to personal preference.
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4216
    edited March 2020
    prowla said:
    Well, it's a nice looking guitar.

I'd be thinking about replacing the pickups, but that's down to personal preference.
    Thanks for your input  . It surely is a great looking guitar .  Just wondering why the bolts have been changed on a guitar that has apparently hardly been used and the lack of answering my question about them and it being relisted after selling a week ago , it all seems very odd
  • steveledzepsteveledzep Frets: 1176
    If the seller can't be attentive, he doesn't deserve my money.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
    If the seller can't be attentive, he doesn't deserve my money.
    I know . .  It’s just such an awesome looking guitar. I love charvels and rocket red or neon pink is on my list
  • TenebrousTenebrous Frets: 1332

its a lot of money to me so thought I’d ask on here. Is it best to trust ones gut/suspicions

100%. If something feels even remotely off, don't even consider it - especially through eBay. Something will pop up on here or from another more reputable seller in time, so don't run the risk of getting burned.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Tenebrous said:

100%. If something feels even remotely off, don't even consider it - especially through eBay. Something will pop up on here or from another more reputable seller in time, so don't run the risk of getting burned.
    Thanks man. Appreciate it. It’s so annoying though as the pictures look good and his feedback is kosher . It’s just those niggles lol
  • TenebrousTenebrous Frets: 1332
    Tenebrous said:

Thanks man. Appreciate it. It’s so annoying though as the pictures look good and his feedback is kosher . It’s just those niggles lol

Aye. I know you want someone to tell you to buy it & that it'll be fine, but with your doubts & inability to go try it out in person, it really isn't worth the risk.
    Tenebrous said:
    Tenebrous said:

Aye. I know you want someone to tell you to buy it & that it'll be fine, but with your doubts & inability to go try it out in person, it really isn't worth the risk.
    Spot on.  It pays to listen to ones gut feelings ,intuition . Thanks mate 
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4208
    Those were only £549 new from guitar guitar so that’s way over the top
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7178
    It has been on there on and off for over a year now. I think it is too much for a used one, I paid £549 from GG for my Slime Green one and that was new. I've seen these for around £50-100 less on average.
  • Yeah mate, as others have said, if it doesn't feel right just give it a miss. They're great guitars but there are plenty of them out there so I doubt you'll have to wait long before another one pops up. 
    All the right notes, not always in the right order!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • It looks like it's been fitted with a push-in Floyd arm, which I always do to my Floyds... my Jackson has black hardware and I've put in a chrome arm because I think it looks cool - I think the silver sadle bolts and locking nut bolts look pretty cool on there, too.

Having said that, as others have said it's not that much cheaper than a brand new one. If you can afford £599 now, you could probably use that as a deposit and get the rest on interest free credit over a few months...
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72716
    The photos are too poor resolution to see much - which alone is suspicious given how easy it is to take decent ones nowadays - but even in those you can see from the amount of dirt on the fingerboard that 'hardly played' is actually more likely to mean 'played hard'. There also appear to be couple of dings on the inside of the upper cutaway, and a bad one on the lower edge of the body, if you look at the pic of the back - none of these are mentioned.

The reason the bolts have been changed is most likely because the wrong size Allen key was used and chewed up the originals, which is another sign of heavy use... or idiot owner, and who knows what else he might have buggered like that - truss rod?

And it's at least 50% overpriced.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

sweepy said:
    Those were only £549 new from guitar guitar so that’s way over the top
    I did offer him £500 in the end but would have gone to £550 now but just got a bad feeling about it
    That’s exactly the reasoning I came too , if it was hardly used why change the saddle and nut bolts ,unless that’s not true and they’ve been well hammered. 
    ICBM said:
    The photos are too poor resolution to see much - which alone is suspicious given how easy it is to take decent ones nowadays - but even in those you can see from the amount of dirt on the fingerboard that 'hardly played' is actually more likely to mean 'played hard'. There also appear to be couple of dings on the inside of the upper cutaway, and a bad one on the lower edge of the body, if you look at the pic of the back - none of these are mentioned.

The reason the bolts have been changed is most likely because the wrong size Allen key was used and chewed up the originals, which is another sign of heavy use... or idiot owner, and who knows what else he might have buggered like that - truss rod?

And it's at least 50% overpriced.

stonevibe said:
    I’m really after a  rocket red or neon pink  one , either san Dimas or so cal .

• stanstan Frets: 190
    I`d buy it.  his feedback is fine and ebay always looks after the buyer and not the seller. 
    Feedback is solid , but it has one failed sale and the unanswered questions ,plus it is overpriced  , considering the standard of ones that sell on here . It’s a shame but like they said trust your gut .

• stan said:
    I`d buy it.  his feedback is fine and ebay always looks after the buyer and not the seller. 
    If you can accept the risk of your money being tied up for a bit if it turns out to be below expectations or the standard advertised, buy it. You will be refunded anyway. 
    Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent