What's Hot
2»

Comments

• sawyersawyer Frets: 732
    edited March 2020
    There a black one on gumtree in Newcastle  £2000

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • XbaxxxXbaxxx Frets: 41
    Les Paul Customs are pretty consistent, it doesn't matter what year, never ones will be lighter. 3K is too much, I sold 5 Ebony Les paul customs from 1973 to 2010 all under £2300, some as low as 2K, be patient  they will pop up everywhere.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • cheers for the info/support. The hunt begins...
  • Related to this topic;

Has anyone bought a used guitar from the US? via reverb/a vintage guitar store before? Is it as risky as i think it is?
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14335
    tFB Trader
    Related to this topic;

Has anyone bought a used guitar from the US? via reverb/a vintage guitar store before? Is it as risky as i think it is?
    A hell of a lot of trust involved - Very hard to return the goods if required - All risk is on you

Remember that you will have to pay shipping fees, around 100/120 pound - import duty and vat which will add around 25% to the price you agreed with the seller - And with a poor £ v $ exchange rate I'll be surprised if any good 'buys' out there at the moment
  • Related to this topic;

A hell of a lot of trust involved - Very hard to return the goods if required - All risk is on you

Remember that you will have to pay shipping fees, around 100/120 pound - import duty and vat which will add around 25% to the price you agreed with the seller - And with a poor £ v $ exchange rate I'll be surprised if any good 'buys' out there at the moment
    Yeah, that's pretty much all the things I was thinking. Bar the fact that the exchange rate is dreadful. Either way i'll be waiting a month or so until I can physically get to meet face to face to check a few UK ones out. Cheers!
  • Gerz6558Gerz6558 Frets: 778
    edited March 2020
    I had an 89 custom for a long time. They now say the late 80's/early 90's was almost a second golden era. Whilst I'm not sure about that (I'm sure there are fantastic examples across all years) my 89 was an absolute beast, in sound, feel and weight. 

Been keeping an eye out for a while on the used market for another. There seems to be a massive disparity between preowned shop prices versus ebay/gumtree on these. Presumably because the shops are pricing them against what a new custom shop example will cost you these days.

Recently a well known shop had two 89's for £3k and £3.5. Ebay over the past few months I've seen them go between £1900 and £2600. 

Hope this helps.
    Have you not checked that one out in Newcastle on gumtree? Looks a good deal.
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18937
    sawyer said:
    Well I pointed it out on the 18th & you on the 19th, so I reckon possibly not  ;)
  • LoobsLoobs Frets: 3834
    edited March 2020
    Can you not find a used historic '57 for that price, or am I way out of the loop?
    edited March 2020
    1976 custom in Penrith on gumtree. Refinished in chainsaw case.  £2200 in line with black refinish. Looks cool
  • sawyer said:
    Well I pointed it out on the 18th & you on the 19th, so I reckon possibly not  ;)
    I haven't as i'm ideally looking for an 87/88 as it seems it's within my budget. That and leaving my house to visit a guitar isn't really doable right now.

Appreciated the help though.