Quick Cash

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• danishbacondanishbacon Frets: 2697
    danny_777 said:
    Neil said:
    Guitar gear can hang around for ever whereas I could get rid of this for proper money in 24 hours...

DSCN3305
    Nice - my brother has one just like that. What do they go for used then 4-5k or am I way off ?
    Full set 16600s are going for 7k plus these days. I bought mine for 4k nearly 6 years ago now - wish I could get another!
    Wow that’s a lot of cash there but I must admit if I had the dough that’s the one I’d get - I think they look great 
    I had one and found it sat way too high off the wrist due to the big case back so it always felt a bit wonky, I’ve got narrower wrists though. I think £5 was the sold price for full set back in 2017 in a private sale. 6-7k sounds right now. Let’s see what impact, if any, this whole situation is going to have on the price/supply of these things in the second hand market. My guess is that the majority hoarding my stock are also able to weather the storm. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7219
    danny_777 said:
    Neil said:
    Guitar gear can hang around for ever whereas I could get rid of this for proper money in 24 hours...

DSCN3305
    Nice - my brother has one just like that. What do they go for used then 4-5k or am I way off ?
    Full set 16600s are going for 7k plus these days. I bought mine for 4k nearly 6 years ago now - wish I could get another!
    Wow that’s a lot of cash there but I must admit if I had the dough that’s the one I’d get - I think they look great 
    Let’s see what impact, if any, this whole situation is going to have on the price/supply of these things in the second hand market. My guess is that the majority hoarding my stock are also able to weather the storm. 
    Yeah I guess making money buying and selling these is all about timing........
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006
    edited March 2020
    I’ve long been a champion of the slightly “alt” brands so for instance where others might have a Fender, a Gibson and a Mesa Boogie I’ve got an Ernie Ball Musicman, a Heritage and a Thornton. All of which are great and represent great value for the quality were I to need to raise funds I’d be hard pressed to get a decent price fast even in more buoyant times so right now I’d have to take a proper kicking on price !
  • KalimnaKalimna Frets: 1540
    Not too much, guitar wise as i either have home builds or gear I'll never sell.
    Perhaps a couple of bottles of wine I have - a '96 Cheval Blanc and '96 and '03 half case of d'Arenberg DeadArm....
    A couple of Clifton no.6 planes, some Veritas planes bought 2nd hand......
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3634
    Neil said:

DSCN3305
    You're way off.

It's a "Swiss" dial, around 8K.
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3634
    danny_777 said:
    Neil said:

DSCN3305
    I paid £1600 for mine around a dozen years ago.

Older good quality watches have always been a fantastic investment for me and I'm still buying at the right price. 

Here's the SD with its lightweight brother.  ;)

• danishbacondanishbacon Frets: 2697
    Neil said:
    danny_777 said:
    Neil said:

DSCN3305

Older good quality watches have always been a fantastic investment for me and I'm still buying at the right price. 

Here's the SD with its lightweight brother.  ;)

Nice pair :) would love to own a sub like that some day
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1822
    edited March 2020
    Neil said:
    danny_777 said:
    Neil said:

DSCN3305

Here's the SD with its lightweight brother. 

Nice pair would love to own a sub like that some day
    I haven’t wore a watch for over 30 years now. Found I didn’t need to as we’re surrounded with the time all day on various items etc. However, I guess one doesn’t buy them for the time but for investment? Which will increase over time - did you see what I did there lol 
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • Don’t think my Rolex is an investment piece, but I do wear it every day https://imgur.com/gallery/UaTzc
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • LodiousLodious Frets: 1947
    Don’t think my Rolex is an investment piece, but I do wear it every day https://imgur.com/gallery/UaTzc

I'm the same with my G-Shock
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom