Music recommendations please

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• fandango said:
    Two to take you down a rabbit warren:
    All Them Witches
    Slift (pinched from another tFB thread - the one about the two white Gibson SG guitars)

But www.music-map.com is your friend in situations like these.
    I feel like I have listen to All them Witches before. Will try them out thanks
    Ok really into All Them Witches. Thanks for this

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • droflufdrofluf Frets: 3693
    Listening to Offa Rex at the moment; sounds a bit like Olivia Chaney meets the Decemberists. In fact it is Olivia Chaney and the Decemberists. Think mutant Steeleye Span
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27055
    Also worth mentioning Gang of Youths. Aussie band, a bit Springsteeny but more modern. Great melodies and energy, with some seriously good  taste in guitars...

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • springsteen, Ryan Adams, Bright Eyes,Wilco etc are also some of my favourites

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

• Also worth mentioning Gang of Youths. Aussie band, a bit Springsteeny but more modern. Great melodies and energy, with some seriously good  taste in guitars...

I totally here the Springsteen,  it's different to when Gaslight Anthems use the influence, sounds more (forgive the phrase) authentic.

Have you heard Strand of oakes?

• TenebrousTenebrous Frets: 1332
    Time for some trip hop.

• Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1388
    Any of the Portishead albums. They're all worth a listen, but Dummy is sublime.
    Try some Tortoise too, or The Evens.
  • Any of the Portishead albums. They're all worth a listen, but Dummy is sublime.
    Try some Tortoise too, or The Evens.
    Have actually been listening to the third album

• DJ Shadow is a good shout, will give uncle a listen as well

• Manchester Orchestra- Simple Math
    https://youtu.be/qZrLdK2CYXk

Trophy Scars- Holy Vacants
    https://youtu.be/ZAPWyfVjyWk
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2609
    tFB Trader
    If you've not heard it..  Air-  Moon Safari..  Very good album to chill too... 

Keep safe all :+1:

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27055
    edited March 2020
    Also worth mentioning Gang of Youths. Aussie band, a bit Springsteeny but more modern. Great melodies and energy, with some seriously good  taste in guitars...

I totally here the Springsteen,  it's different to when Gaslight Anthems use the influence, sounds more (forgive the phrase) authentic.

I do like a bit of Gaslight but agree GoY are the other side of Springsteen (more glockenspiel & strings, plus light & shade, I guess). Both good bands  

Haven't heard of Strand of Oakes but google says he's mates with Jason Isbell and makes "folk-tinged rock" which usually works for me - will give it a listen  
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • JonHoskerJonHosker Frets: 394
    Scary Pockets......covers band on YouTube 
    Amazing!!!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CookiemonsterCookiemonster Frets: 884
    edited March 2020

I do like a bit of Gaslight but agree GoY are the other side of Springsteen (more glockenspiel & strings, plus light & shade, I guess). Both good bands  

Haven't heard of Strand of Oakes but google says he's mates with Jason Isbell and makes "folk-tinged rock" which usually works for me - will give it a listen  
    This is him with my morning jacket as the back up band

Starts gentle then goes epic. 

• TenebrousTenebrous Frets: 1332
    Rabs said:

Absolute top tier album. Have Boards of Canada been mentioned yet? So long as we're on the chiller side, it has to be put out there...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Tenebrous said:
    Rabs said:

Absolute top tier album. Have Boards of Canada been mentioned yet? So long as we're on the chiller side, it has to be put out there...

I really need to try them and Aphex Twin