Here's how my collection is looking these days...

What's Hot
BucketBucket Frets: 7751
edited March 2020 in Guitar
Hello folks - me again. I used to post lots of shite on here, then I stopped and now I'm back to post some more shite on here. While I've been gone, there have been changes afoot...

The Blackmachine and the James Tyler are still two of my most used guitars:

But they've been joined, not-so-recently (getting on for 18 months ago lol ) by this, from @FelineGuitars

Then, recently picked up from @peteri (is he still here?) - this parts Tele. Road Worn body, Brad Paisley neck. Delightful.

The red Flying V is still here:

And it's been joined by a knackered white one from 1997, which I bought in November 2018 and still haven't had the time or money to do up yet:

Dug this out again the other day - my Squier Jazzmaster, which my folks bought me for my 18th. Tuned open right now.

My faithful Taylor, also tuned open at the moment:

And my search for a suitable bass is finally at an end - the one I always promised myself, a 5-string Warwick Thumb. Not tuned open.

So that's what I've got at the moment.

You may remember a green MJT Strat and don't worry, that still exists although it's going through some fairly sizeable changes at the moment. All will be revealed in time.

Oh, there is something else to share as well, and I shall do that very soon.
- "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
0reaction image LOL 9reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3498
    It's good to have you back @Bucket.

Hope you post up some videos of you playing, it was always a delight to see your fantastic skills as a guitarist.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751

Hope you post up some videos of you playing, it was always a delight to see your fantastic skills as a guitarist.
    Why thank you! I shall post some soon. Have recently bunged loads of stuff up on YouTube.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27160
    Hello chap! 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • Hello there! Don't think we've met. Nice collection: I particularly like the red V & the Blackmachine.

Where do I find your YouTube stuff?
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• LoobsLoobs Frets: 3832
    Post a full length pic of the Tyler
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thebreezethebreeze Frets: 2808
    Nice to see you back Bucket.  I was thinking about your green Strat all the way down your thread.  Glad you’ve still got that one!
  • thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2935
    Nice dude.  Any chance of a link to your youtube channel 

• JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6394
    Good start ! ;)
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3595
    Welcome back, you are amassing some nice instruments there. Which is taking your attention most at present? 
    ESBlonde said:
    Welcome back, you are amassing some nice instruments there. Which is taking your attention most at present? 
    Probably still the Blackmachine to be honest - mainly because I'm practising shred technique a lot at the moment and it's the most suitable guitar for that. The Tele gets a lot of play time as well, it's still relatively new to me and I love it.

But then I had the Tyler set up recently and it's playing better than it ever has. The Feline LP needs some new strings but after that, it'll be back into regular rotation as well. I imagine that doesn't clear things up very much :lol:
    edited March 2020
    My YouTube, for those who want it - I've dug through the archives and put all this stuff up over the last couple of months but not really promoted it yet, so some extra views will be greatly appreciated:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtimRjg7ymxpDChs9eRVrFQ

Here's a recent clip of me getting my arse handed to me by one of Ian Thornley's solos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEvxEswDMnw

Most of those vids have appeared on Instagram too, I'm @ cflyssy on there and it's probably the place I post the most guitar-related stuff. Thanks for the interest!
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rocktronrocktron Frets: 806
    Nice to have you back, Dude.

Interesting guitar collection.

I can't remember if it was you who owned a Vintage V100 LP a few years ago.
    edited March 2020
    rocktron said:

I did, although we're going back probably seven or eight years now - like a few other ex-guitars of mine, my dad has ended up thinking "oooh, I'll have that" and bought it off me lol
  • rocktronrocktron Frets: 806
    Bucket said:
    rocktron said:

I did, although we're going back probably seven or eight years now - like a few other ex-guitars of mine, my dad has ended up thinking "oooh, I'll have that" and bought it off me lol
    How time flies, or Tempus Fugit as the Italians would say!!!

After seeing a picture of your Vintage V100 LP, I bought an identical one!!! It was a toss up between that and a Harley Benton 550, but I decided on the Vintage. So unwittingly, you had some influence.

It is a beautiful, flawless guitar, which plays very well.

The prices have gone up now, especially so for the Peter Green model.

I expect that Epiphone will claw back some lost sales (due to the headstock), with their "Inspired by Gibson" range.  
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2911
    Love that Feline, a Custom without the bling. Been following you on Instagram for a while, enjoy all the stuff you post!
    edited March 2020
    TTBZ said:
    Love that Feline, a Custom without the bling. Been following you on Instagram for a while, enjoy all the stuff you post!
    Thanks very much!

The Feline is an astonishing guitar - everything I ever wanted from a single-cut, and then some.
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24843

Agreed - he’s a epic player!
    edited March 2020

Agreed - he’s a epic player!
    Not as epic as I'd like to be - I'm using this period of self-isolation (read: having no gigs and little teaching) to practice my chops to a serious extent and get myself playing better than I ever have. I've become aware of where the gaps are in my knowledge and I want to fill them. Am working my way through John Petrucci's 'Rock Discipline' book from 1996 and feeling the burn, to say the least - it's like going to the gym.
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7296
    Bucket said:
    My YouTube, for those who want it - I've dug through the archives and put all this stuff up over the last couple of months but not really promoted it yet, so some extra views will be greatly appreciated:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtimRjg7ymxpDChs9eRVrFQ

Here's a recent clip of me getting my arse handed to me by one of Ian Thornley's solos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEvxEswDMnw

Most of those vids have appeared on Instagram too, I'm @ cflyssy on there and it's probably the place I post the most guitar-related stuff. Thanks for the interest!
    Fuck that's a bit good
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2042
    Good to see you Connor. 

Whoever had that Warwick before you left it it in the sun too long and it's started to melt. 

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom