Here's how my collection is looking these days...

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• vizviz Frets: 10715
    It's good to have you back @Bucket.

Hope you post up some videos of you playing, it was always a delight to see your fantastic skills as a guitarist.
    He’s got better :)
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3317
    edited March 2020
    YAY. I know we've been chatting, anyway, since you've been off here but great to see you back here and contributing.

What about your tribute band project? Folks may like to hear about that
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2042
    edited March 2020
    Kebabkid said:
    YAY. I know we've been chatting, anyway, since you've been off here but great to see you back here and contributing.

What about your tribute band project? Folks may like to hear about that
    I hear it's got something to do with blessing the rains in the Continent to the south of Europe. 

But I could be wrong - it may be more about the telephone operator asking you to hold the line...

;) 

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

• BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    Yes, for those unaware I'm now in a Toto tribute band as well. Obviously we're having to Hold the Line at the minute.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FezFez Frets: 532
    Good to see you back.
    Don't touch that dial.
  • VibetronicVibetronic Frets: 1037
    Bucket said:
    It's good to have you back @Bucket.

Hope you post up some videos of you playing, it was always a delight to see your fantastic skills as a guitarist.
    Agreed - he’s a epic player!
    Not as epic as I'd like to be - I'm using this period of self-isolation (read: having no gigs and little teaching) to practice my chops to a serious extent and get myself playing better than I ever have. I've become aware of where the gaps are in my knowledge and I want to fill them. Am working my way through John Petrucci's 'Rock Discipline' book from 1996 and feeling the burn, to say the least - it's like going to the gym.
    Lovely Blackmachine :) 

If you want any more shred stuff to work on drop me a line, I have shitloads of stuff like that  =)
  • LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3824
    You look totally different!  =)
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3092
    Great to have you back Connor. You're a role model for youngsters everywhere! I've always loved your green MJT.. we built ours around the same time I think. What's your username on Insta?
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
    Bucket said:

Here's a recent clip of me getting my arse handed to me by one of Ian Thornley's solos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEvxEswDMnw

That is truly fucking incredible.

You are also my new Hair Hero, too.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2935
    I almost wish i hadn't asked about the YouTube link.  Ive also had a gander at your Instagram.  You are seriously a very talented chap.  

Thank you all :)
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28341
    Hey, lovely guitars and great to see you back! I always appreciated your posts on guitarists and guitar playing that you liked, I seem to be pretty in tune with your tastes. I'll check out the Youtube channel when I get time.
  • MattNovakMattNovak Frets: 907
    Nice collection and some great playing @Bucket - let me know if you're planning to remove the Maestro on that white V, I may have a home for it :D 
    www.theflyingacesband.com
  • TedTed Frets: 126
    It looks like an interesting and wide ranging collection.

Could I ask do your funny looking triangular shaped guitars generally sound different from the normally shaped guitars?
    Ted said:
    It looks like an interesting and wide ranging collection.

Could I ask do your funny looking triangular shaped guitars generally sound different from the normally shaped guitars?
    Not especially I wouldn't have said - in my (admittedly not exhaustive) experience, Flying Vs are probably closest to SGs in terms of construction and, perhaps, sound, it's a roughly similar amount of the same kind of wood.

Although the red one sounds closer to a Firebird than anything else since the mini-humbuckers went in.
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3498
    Bucket said:
    My YouTube, for those who want it - I've dug through the archives and put all this stuff up over the last couple of months but not really promoted it yet, so some extra views will be greatly appreciated:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtimRjg7ymxpDChs9eRVrFQ

Here's a recent clip of me getting my arse handed to me by one of Ian Thornley's solos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEvxEswDMnw

Most of those vids have appeared on Instagram too, I'm @ cflyssy on there and it's probably the place I post the most guitar-related stuff. Thanks for the interest!
    That shampoo advert has great music.

Fine guitar playing, even better hair.

Superb work all around @Bucket.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom