Post-Lockdown pedal building

What's Hot

Comments

• robertyroberty Frets: 10912
    @UnclePsychosis I had a similar experience boxing up my pedal PCB fortin zuul clone. It nearly broke me
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Another pedalpcb build finished tonight.

This one is a Magnetron delay, with a feedback mod so that you can make it oscillate on demand. 

Not had a proper play yet but it seems to be working - think there might be something off with the modulation LED but that's tomorrow's job. I don't really want to take it apart either... 

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

This one is a Magnetron delay, with a feedback mod so that you can make it oscillate on demand. 

Not had a proper play yet but it seems to be working - think there might be something off with the modulation LED but that's tomorrow's job. I don't really want to take it apart either... 

Looks great ! 

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

How much is it to buy the pedal PCB ones, do you get them from America or do you use the German site (music something or other)

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

• I bought kits from musikding and the enclosures from Tayda.

I suspect you could do it a (lot) cheaper than that but I'm still not confident enough in buying the parts so I'm sticking with kits and getting someone else to finish the enclosures! 
  • These do look great. Given I've done pretty much all the fuzzdogs I want I must go have a look. 

My last Musikding kit was a fuzz factory in about 2009 that went horribly wrong and put me off! 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • DeftDeft Frets: 31
    How much is it to buy the pedal PCB ones, do you get them from America or do you use the German site (music something or other)
    Anecdotally I've had a PedalPCB order get through (last month) from US without any extra charges. Postage was about $15, my theory is no one bothered to check because it was just an envelope. Just had another punt with their black friday discount - fully expecting to get stung now I've said this though!

The Magnetron is great - usually hold off building more complicated modulation stuff but this is now one of my favourite pedals (self build or otherwise)
  • I get all the parts from Tayda or Bitsbox and just buy PCBs. It's fun then as with parts left over you can build things on vero

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • My latest creation is a Fuzz Dog Bluesbreaker which absolutely love, this seems to be the OD sound I have had in my heard rather than the many other types I have tried (most every thing except Nobels). I used the supplied 22n caps for the tone section for more low end and the 330k for a touch more drive. Two blue (of course) LEDs as I was reusing a box that used to have a switch. Heartily recommend this kit. 

Next up is the finished version of something I have shared before, my Swamp Thang and Magna Vibes in one box (both Jeds Peds). Love this one too. Finishing is not my strong point, the Hammerite I used was rather old but that’s a minor consideration really. 

This is the truth from hillbilly guitars!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CookiemonsterCookiemonster Frets: 887
    edited December 2021
    https://i.imgur.com/nfySlll.jpeg
    https://i.imgur.com/LmNoiX4.jpeg

Here we go....so I was sent the Fender Blender Shell. No circuit inside or pots etc. 

I built a Sunface on Vero ( actually to get it right I built three, all sounded good, but this one I modded a lot) 

I then built a Micro amp on a Otalgia pcb board. 

Wired it all up and it works very well. Super smooth fuzz with great clean up. But if you turn the sundial all the way up it's a slightly gated spitty fuzz as well.

First photo is from when I was putting it all together, second is the finished pedal

The micro amp and fuzz together are stunning. 

Plus if you dime the volume on the fuzz down but max the boost it becomes a rock machine. 

@paulnb57 ;;;;;;; I hope you like it

• New Fuzz Build into a Fender Blender case, modded Sun Face into a Modded Micro Boost

• andy_kandy_k Frets: 825
    Neat as.
  • andy_k said:
    Neat as.
    Thank you

• Fuzzdog Creme Fluff finally finished last night.

• Fuzzdog Creme Fluff finally finished last night.

Looks fantastic that. Nice colour as well

• Ta. Was my second attempt at an enclosure. First one I tried to do top jacks and totally ballsed up the measurements!

Working from home today so will give it a blast at lunchtime and check it actually works! 
  • Wow.

Turns out the Creme Puff is the Muff-a-like that's better than any muff I've ever tried. It's got way more bottom end, the fuzz goes from "mental to actually quite a lot less than mental" instead of "mental to more mental" like a Muff does and the tone control is really effective.

I've only played it for twenty minutes but I had a shit-eating huge grin the entire time. 

Build yourselves one chaps! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Frantone clone, right? I'm not a big muff guy, but I must admit this sounds a lot of fun, at least for home

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • Wow.

Turns out the Creme Puff is the Muff-a-like that's better than any muff I've ever tried. It's got way more bottom end, the fuzz goes from "mental to actually quite a lot less than mental" instead of "mental to more mental" like a Muff does and the tone control is really effective.

I've only played it for twenty minutes but I had a shit-eating huge grin the entire time. 

Build yourselves one chaps! 
    Wow. That's now on my list for sure. 

• Yeah it's a Frantone pedal. Originals are mostly Unobtanium now I think.

Interestingly I don't think the circuit is that similar to a muff, but to my ears that's what it sounds like, only more betterer.