Guitar hero’s at the Beeb

What's Hot
PhilW1PhilW1 Frets: 943
The Motors- “ Dancing the night away” every time I see this I think what a classic track ,, l totally missed it first time round ,,so under rated 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TedTed Frets: 126
    Is this part of a series that I am missing?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18897
    Ted said:
    Is this part of a series that I am missing?
    Yep (possibly sounds like it).
    BBC4 did tons of great programmes, thankfully repeated fairly frequently or available via BBC Sounds.

Guitar heroes https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00lkrr7/episodes/guide
    Joy of the Riff https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b049mtxw
    Irish Music  https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0556qc9
    etc. etc.

Enjoy  :) ;)
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27646
    PhilW1 said:
    The Motors- “ Dancing the night away” every time I see this I think what a classic track 
    Oh yes!

I sat down and learned that a few weeks ago.  Still got the 12” single too.

1 is an OK album, but Dancing the Night Away was really the highlight.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • LPManicLPManic Frets: 1096
    Slightly off-topic but Mick Ronson's playing on CD Two of the Bowie at the Beeb release in 2000 is AMAZING. Moonage Daydream is glorious.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18897
    LPManic said:
    Slightly off-topic but Mick Ronson's playing on CD Two of the Bowie at the Beeb release in 2000 is AMAZING. Moonage Daydream is glorious.
    Anything to do with Mick Ronson's playing & general genius is IMHO, never off topic.
    Fair play to you :+1: 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11327
    PhilW1 said:
    The Motors- “ Dancing the night away” every time I see this I think what a classic track ,, l totally missed it first time round ,,so under rated 
    That performance is so much better than the single. It's a testament to the stupidity of the record-buying public that this barely scratched the charts whilst cack like "Airport" went top five. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • PhilW1PhilW1 Frets: 943
    scrumhalf said:
    PhilW1 said:
    That performance is so much better than the single. It's a testament to the stupidity of the record-buying public that this barely scratched the charts whilst cack like "Airport" went top five. 
    My thoughts exactly,,

Might do what TTony did and try and learn it while on lockdown ,,trouble is although I’ve never had this much free time I seem to be trying to learn everything at once and only lasting five minutes or so before getting distracted and learning nothing.
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5057
    edited March 2020
    I played a gig donkeys years ago at the Red Lion in Brentford. Bram Tchaikovsky was also playing but because my band had pre-sold more tickets than him we were ‘top of the bill’ and played last. Bram was most unchuffed. 

I remember that gig also because my amp blew up after just a couple of numbers, and none of the other three guitarists in the pub, with their rigs still on stage, would let me use their amp (the brotherhood of guitarists my arse). Fortunately I had my Ross Fame 10 practise amp in the car and did the rest of the gig with that, miced up, and it worked a treat! 
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AdeyAdey Frets: 2288
    LPManic said:
    Moonage Daydream is one of my favourites that my band do. A great song...
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5057
    Adey said:
    LPManic said:
    Moonage Daydream is one of my favourites that my band do. A great song...
    My band too, one of our favourites as well!
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28341
    PhilW1 said:
    Yeah, I saw that in the last 6 months, I thought that it was a great performance, really enjoyed the energy and the guitar playing
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12390
    I played a gig donkeys years ago at the Red Lion in Brentford. Bram Tchaikovsky was also playing but because my band had pre-sold more tickets than him we were ‘top of the bill’ and played last. Bram was most unchuffed. 

I remember that gig also because my amp blew up after just a couple of numbers, and none of the other three guitarists in the pub, with their rigs still on stage, would let me use their amp (the brotherhood of guitarists my arse). Fortunately I had my Ross Fame 10 practise amp in the car and did the rest of the gig with that, miced up, and it worked a treat! 
    Went to the Red Lion many times for gigs when I lived in that part of the world. It’s a McDonalds now. It was always a bit of a dive but they used to have some good bands on. In fact there’s a lot of the old Brentford pubs that've either shut down or don’t have live music anymore (pre-Corona). Have you been through there lately? Literally half the high street has been demolished to build flats, looks like Beirut right now.