Why are Fender US colours so shite?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11467
    TforTele said:
    I know not everyone likes black guitars, or, surprisingly perhaps, T-style guitars, but sharing this ‘cos I think it’s a cracker and not Fender: 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Lawsuit-1981-Tokai-Breezysound-Telecaster-Spaghetti-Logo-All-Black/153824657705?hash=item23d0aa0129:g:~Q8AAOSwt-hePXxX

I have no association with the seller.  Actually curious if it’s fair price or not, though I’m not in the market...

Not wortth it by the time you go through the hassle of getting rid of the abomination of a bridge pickup.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TforTeleTforTele Frets: 33
    crunchman said:
    TforTele said:
    I know not everyone likes black guitars, or, surprisingly perhaps, T-style guitars, but sharing this ‘cos I think it’s a cracker and not Fender: 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Lawsuit-1981-Tokai-Breezysound-Telecaster-Spaghetti-Logo-All-Black/153824657705?hash=item23d0aa0129:g:~Q8AAOSwt-hePXxX

I have no association with the seller.  Actually curious if it’s fair price or not, though I’m not in the market...

Not wortth it by the time you go through the hassle of getting rid of the abomination of a bridge pickup.
    Ah, looks good anyway.  So there are good and,err, not so good Seymour Duncans?  I’m pretty ignorant on these things.
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2911
    edited April 2020
    Red and sunburst are the most boring colours going on a Fender imo. I like black but only with black pickups and pickguard, and a maple neck. Sonic grey looks awesome, and I'll always like seafoam green or daphne blue with rosewood fingerboard. For me olympic white with maple board and mint green plastics is a good classic look that I wouldn't get bored with. Capri orange is awesome too though.
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12415
    I really like tele's in 3tsb, natural or mocha, maybe original blonde.  Strats I like in oly white, surf green, sonic blue, faded red etc.
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11467
    TforTele said:
    crunchman said:
    TforTele said:

Ah, looks good anyway.  So there are good and,err, not so good Seymour Duncans?  I’m pretty ignorant on these things.

Need a proper single coil.
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14553
    Aftermarket pickup choices are subjective. I have yet to hear a bad Seymour Duncan pickup but I have heard plenty that did not suit the host guitar. 

IMO, the Li’l ‘59 pickup is misnamed. If anything, it is more like the JB Junior adapted for three screw mounting. 

Anyone wanting a P.A.F. type sound from a guitar with a regular T-style bridge should check out the SD Custom Shop Pearly Gates For Telecaster. Perhaps, one day, Duncan will bring out a Red Devil for Telecaster?
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.