Gibson P90 vs Seymour Duncan Antiquity

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• markj said:
    https://www.facebook.com/ivisonguitars/videos/433750110729814/      Small video of a   Ivison singlecut with a Oilcity P90. Sounds good to me.
    Nice playing! A lot of bite to that P90 if you crank the amp!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14553
    I think it’s craziness to be risking getting stung for import duty from the US when you live in a country with some of the finest winders known to humanity. 
    The majority of my Duncan Antiquity and Custom Shop purchases have been pre-owned. Two came via the legit distribution and retail channel. One was ordered direct. (It arrived degaussed!)
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5445
    I think it’s craziness to be risking getting stung for import duty from the US when you live in a country with some of the finest winders known to humanity. 
    “Risk getting stung for” ...

I *expected* it because it’s the right thing to do... and there was actually no duty, just VAT and the brokerage fee, the former of which you are paying here anyway. I bought them because Wolfe is a master winder and they have a voice I haven’t really heard in anything else. With the discount they were still an excellent deal. Those that managed to avoid the additional fees got an even better slice. 

Anyway, Marc @ Mojo has had quite a lot of business from me over the past several years if you count direct sales and guitars bought with his pickups preinstalled... so it’s not like I’m not shopping here. 

But to limit oneself to these shores alone is to seriously close off the horizon...