Anyone fancy a Posca Pen, decorate an instrument challenge?

What's Hot

Comments

• PeteCPeteC Frets: 409
    Those pedals look great - look like its high time I did something about all these .... :#
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006
    paulnb57 said:
    If you are going to lacquer I’d the same brand of primer.....
    Do I remember you saying Halfords primer wasn’t actually terrible ? If so does that mean I need to use the lacquer as well ? I don’t mind but I think I’d rather, as you say buy a primer/lacquer solution from somewhere else 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5467
    I'd never have thought of Posca pens for this type of thing. Love the results I've seen!

• paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3054
    edited May 2020
    I lacquered mime with Halfords clear, it didn’t react with the Posca.....I guess the Posca could scratch off if not...it would be a shame to have your masterpiece ruined for tue sake of a couple of coats of lacquer
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

paulnb57 said:
    I lacquered mime with Halfords clear, it didn’t react with the Posca.....I guess the Posca scratch off if not...it would be a shame to have your masterpiece ruined for tue sake of a couple of coats of lacquer
    Completely agree. Right Halfords primer and lacquer it is then 
    Right, I know that others have managed to build multiple guitars from scratch since lockdown started.
    Thus far I’ve managed to sand down a couple of bodies and slap some primer on
    https://i.imgur.com/lt3j9u3.jpg
    The paulownia lefty body has sucked up a whole 400ml can of white primer and could probably do with more. Whereas the Alder ? La Cab body seems to need a lot less primer to cover it ..
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26991
    I coud definitely have a go on some pedal builds. I'll see if I can get these in the desert.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    edited May 2020
    I might invest in a set of those.. Looks like fun, even for those of us with little, or no, artistic ability..
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
    Just bought some on Amazon, here Monday. Going to decorate the back of me telecaster with a pattern... 
    Fuengi said:
    Just bought some on Amazon, here Monday. Going to decorate the back of me telecaster with a pattern... 
    Excellent!
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

Fuengi said:
    cool, looks like we’ve got (are getting) ourselves a convoy ! I just queued for 45 minutes in the p***ing rain and wind outside our local branch of The Range to try and buy some acrylic pens.

They were out of stock...
    edited May 2020
    Amazon Prime!

• PeteCPeteC Frets: 409
    Is there a particular type that will work on raw aluminum die cast boxes best.  Or are all podcasts pens pretty much the same ?  Thinking of buying a set to do some of my pedals 
    edited May 2020
    Posca (brand name) pens are all the same, just a variety of “nib” sizes...they are pretty much artists acrylic paint in a glorified sharpy...

Finished. The pattern is based on the idea of sound emanating from a small pattern to larger, distorted versions like a delay or reverb does. It plays interesting tricks on the eye depending on how you view it. I designed the pattern myself. 

Went a bit roadworn first with the finish then Posca pens over the top. I created a template and overlaid it to position the next, went slightly wrong at the end but the whole guitar has a rustic home grown vibe so I don't care. 

0reaction image LOL 15reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Wow, that good!

• munckeemunckee Frets: 12354
    I really like that @Fuengi ;  See those colombian 'special' fags you ordered were worth every penny : )
    That’s nice @Fuengi ! Pens arriving tomorrow and then my kids are at it !
    munckee said:
    I really like that @Fuengi ;  See those colombian 'special' fags you ordered were worth every penny : )
    It does a bit of a Purple Haze thing going on, not entirely corresponding with the front but I've worked out you can't see both at the same time. 
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    That does look great! @Fuengi!
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.