I made a thing

What's Hot
I set about this about a month ago mainly because I'd not tinkered with anything guitar related in a long while. 
My plan was to build a strat with a very limited budget for lounge playing and occasional jam with pals so nothing precious as it will get banged and bumped a fair bit. 
So cheap means ebay, and a £18 new body was acquired, "Candlenut wood"..... Yeah, me either. 
Ebay for the neck and the gamble paid off in that it's a decent piece of maple, frets all in the right place and a minimal fret dress. 

I didn't take progress pics of any note but standard fayre grainfill, celly sealer and "old English White" rattlecan nitro. 

Maida Vale a4 neck, irongear texas loco a5 middle and a giovanni artec bridge, cts "dimpleback" pots, oak style switch and all cloth covered wire make up the plate, switchcraft jack, Vanson lefty tuners and a temporary cheap bridge from Alegree. 

And the real doozy, the weight....... 

The pickups are a bit mismatched in tone and output but that'll be rectified when funds allow, probably from Maida Vale again. 
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments