Help please _ I need a neck

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• prowlaprowla Frets: 4928
    GSPBASSES said:
    I have loads of neck in stock with adjusters at the headstock and at the heel. I’m still make necks, the ones in the photo below will all be finished next week but as I’m in total lockdown I will not be sending anything out till all this madness is over.  

Not sure why you only want a headstock adjuster, as it makes no difference to how the neck responds to the rod being adjusted whether it's at the heel all the headstock. Although it can be a pain having to take the neck off to adjust the rod, but sometimes you can't always adjust at the headstock easily without moving strings out the way on a Fender type neck.

You can with the right tool...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • lapua65lapua65 Frets: 42
    GSPBASSES said:
    I have loads of neck in stock with adjusters at the headstock and at the heel. I’m still make necks, the ones in the photo below will all be finished next week but as I’m in total lockdown I will not be sending anything out till all this madness is over.  

Not sure why you only want a headstock adjuster, as it makes no difference to how the neck responds to the rod being adjusted whether it's at the heel all the headstock. Although it can be a pain having to take the neck off to adjust the rod, but sometimes you can't always adjust at the headstock easily without moving strings out the way on a Fender type neck.

I think it is because of my lack of knowledge and a crappy neck. I was adjusting to where I thought it was okay, then putting it back on and then not being able to get the string heights correct. I ended up taking the neck off at least 12 times in one attempt. What looks like is happening is the truss rod seems to be lifting the board from around the 12th fret rather than introducing a bow. I thought that having to do this without having to completely dismantle the guitar seemed like a good idea. Also my measuring how straight the neck was from the top of the frets was causing problems. I have since invested in a slotted straight edge that I had made and can see that the neck is slightly twisted and when it is strung impossible to get straight. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom