My first partcaster gets (another) makeover..finished at last...(ish)

What's Hot
paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3054
edited May 2020 in Making & Modding
This was my first partscaster, must be about 17 years old and has seen may guises, I learned loads, all the original parts except the neck are long gone.....
I ordered a Tele kit from Brandoni in Wembley and they were out of stock, so they offered to raid their stash of parts and make me up a kit....
The rest as they say is history
A few days ago I was in the loft getting a guitar box to mail my Highway One in and noticed the body, a bit more searching found the neck...I ordered a few parts and yesterday I spent a couple of hours in the garden sanding and painting, Satin Black as thats all Ive got..the string ferrule holes are now so slack from being removed so many times for refinishing that i had to wrap a bit of masking tape round each one to stop them falling out!...
The eagle eyed will note the sate of the neck pickup cavity, tidy it is not!....and you may also notice the plating on the bridge plate is iffy, thats because the only gold left hand Wilkinson Tele bridge was in the colonies, the tome it is taking to get here suggests it is taped to a bit of balsa and is drifting on theGulf Stream...patience is a virtue...apparently.....
Anyroad up, photos, end of play today...

Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JazzthatJazzthat Frets: 163
    paulnb57 said:
    This was my first partscaster, must be about 17 years old and has seen may guises, I learned loads, all the original parts except the neck are long gone.....
    I ordered a Tele kit from Brandoni in Wembley and they were out of stock, so they offered to raid their stash of parts and make me up a kit....
    The rest as they say is history
    A few days ago I was in the loft getting a guitar box to mail my Highway One in and noticed the body, a bit more searching found the neck...I ordered a few parts and yesterday I spent a couple of hours in the garden sanding and painting, Satin Black as thats all Ive got..the string ferrule holes are now so slack from being removed so many times for refinishing that i had to wrap a bit of masking tape round each one to stop them falling out!...
    The eagle eyed will note the sate of the neck pickup cavity, tidy it is not!....and you may also notice the plating on the bridge plate is iffy, thats because the only gold left hand Wilkinson Tele bridge was in the colonies, the tome it is taking to get here suggests it is taped to a bit of balsa and is drifting on theGulf Stream...patience is a virtue...apparently.....
    Anyroad up, photos, end of play today...

That's cool , and I like it in black and gold !
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27560
    Happy (nearly) New Guitar Day!!
    ;)

I'm impressed that you kept it so long.  Maybe I should start storing stuff in the loft so I stop getting annoyed when I trip over it in the workshop ...
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2529
    Looks good. Where did you get the paint from?
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3054
    Looks good. Where did you get the paint from?
    From the back of the shed!...
    It Halfords Satin Black, the only colour I will use from there....
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006
    I like how your first self build is re born all black and evil whilst your latest one is white & angelic.
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3054
    edited May 2020

Finished at last, bridge took over a month to get here from the US, but it was worth the wait, it's the best it’s ever been....tuners are shite, hence it is finished ish....

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • skippy76skippy76 Frets: 616
    Nice one Paul, that black and gold combo is classy :)