Hilditch Handmade Guitars Introduction

What's Hot
Hello!

Just a quick thread to say hello! and introduce Hilditch Handmade Guitars, which is a vocation of mine that I'm hoping to be my full time occupation one day. I started building as a hobby and after various comments from people at work and friends, I started taking it seriously about 6 months ago, and a friend of mine recently recommended I join Fretboard, so here I am!

You can find more info, including a brief history at https://hilditchguitars.weebly.com/  or follow us on Facebook and Instagram, both @hilditchguitar 

Everything is built in my spare time as I'm still working 40hrs a week, all balanced around a busy family life too. I sometimes feel like I don't have any free time, but I don't mind as I like to keep busy anyway.
Currently I have 3 guitars for sale, and 4 in the build process, all of my own designs that I will be offering as my 'stock' lines. I do offer a commission service too where i can make pretty much whatever you want. I have to admit, I know the reasons why they are so popular, but I don't like Teles or Strats (shock!) so wanted to create my own identity (and hopefully a place in the market) with my own styles. I love 80's 'hair metal', glam rock, classic rock which i think comes through in my builds.

I also have a YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp-ze2Teo6jG8zpExpylgEw?view_as=subscriber where me and a friend film a quick review/demo video of my builds and post them so people can see and hear them being played to get an idea of the sound. And I've just started to upload some clips of me working to help people who want to undertake their own project but maybe don't know how to tackle some elements.

I'm looking forward to being part of this forum and hopefully I can contribute some meaningful things in the future, don't hesitate to ask any questions. Please take a look at the website or contact me directly at hilditchguitars@gmail.com or via social media

Thanks!

Mark,

Self proclaimed Luthier and guitar building addict, professional man-cave dweller Website . Facebook . Instagram . YouTube
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27638
    Welcome!

Always good to see another UK builder joining and posting here.
    :)

Just had a quick look at the website, and you're certainly achieving the "stand out from the crowd" objective with those builds.    Quality of workmanship and materials looks excellent, and love some of the details in the designs - even if the designs themselves aren't for me.

And you're not going to get rich quick at those prices, wow!!
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • Thanks for taking the time to have a look, and thanks for your kind words! Means a lot (genuinely)
    Getting rich quick isn't the aim, my passion was borne from a lack of funds so i know what it's like to have a dream out of financial reach.
    I'm just having fun on my journey, long term aiming to live off doing something i love (only a little more than my current joinery job )
    And get some cool instruments into people's hands in the process. It's all about creating a story and character for each guitar.
    Self proclaimed Luthier and guitar building addict, professional man-cave dweller Website . Facebook . Instagram . YouTube
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7781
    Welcome, nice finish

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Thanks!