Trey Fontaine

GrangousierGrangousier Frets: 2645
edited April 2020 in Plug My Stuff
For reasons I won't go into right now (but mostly too keep myself entertained), I've released an album of rock guitar instrumentals under the pseudonym Trey Fontaine. It's on all the streaming services - because why not? - but the most useful ones would be Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/album/3yB9orvcUD6mLj3vf1c3ZA?si=M14BY6inQ6Sx_Vn67L5zxQ and YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_mr6r4863D2sYmBlsItK7AH1JkVuGs33vE

This is the first track. There are others, that are different from this:

It seems that leaving that box on the CD Baby page checked means YouTube puts ads on everything. Sorry about that. 

Annoyingly a gear list wouldn't help, and is probably not possible - I basically used most of the guitars most of the time, including some (for example the ones I call the Dark Blue and the Chestnut guitars as shown on this page that don't really have proper identifications. Dark Blue is particularly versatile, though - it was used for a lot of Broad Haven, for example, especially the melody). Pending is a one take of a VG99 electric 12-string (I'm guessing the Rickenbacker sound, but I could be wrong). The Street Exploded is all Greco Les Paul, The Snake in the Forest is all Baja telecaster (even the Fripp-a-like solo), and everything that wasn't VG99 (only a few bits on a few of the tracks), was Helix LT, which will come as a surprise to nobody. 

All the tracks are based on playing a vague idea into Logic and letting it get the tempo, then adding bits on top, kind of like when an artist starts with a random doodle and tries to make a drawing out of it.

I gave it so long to pass through the CD Baby process, I'd actually forgotten it was coming out. If anyone's interested it takes about a week to a week and a half rather than the month I gave it. 

Forumeers might recognise the guitar on the cover. However it wasn't used to play any of the music. It's very pretty, though. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• GrangousierGrangousier Frets: 2645
    Oh, the bass throughout was a five-string Fender Mexican Jazz. If I'm going to fail to do the gear list thing, I might as well fail to do it properly.
  • GrangousierGrangousier Frets: 2645
    And the drums are mostly various of the Drummers you get in Logic. It's fun throwing 15/8 at them and seeing how they deal with it.