Anyone remember the Fender Heartfield guitars

What's Hot

Comments

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23072
    ICBM said:
    Philly_Q said:

Of the two, Starfield appealed to me quite a lot.  All the different models were quite small, rounded and kind of friendly looking.  They almost looked like they should have smiley faces.
    Every single one I've ever played has been resounding bland-sounding and cheap-feeling. Meh, and more meh.

Heartfields were much better, but of no interest to me whatever because I cannot stand pointy headstocks... never did, never will, and being 'retro' now doesn't change that - and I'm very much into a lot of other 80s things.

The basses at least didn't have the hideous things on them.
    Fair enough.  I never got further than the magazine ads!  But perhaps I won't bother with that eBay search later.  ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • drwiddlydrwiddly Frets: 918
    … EXCEPT Talon neck is 22 frets rather than 24. Some examples feature Kahler rather than OFR.
    Oddly, my Talon seems to have 24 frets??

Never seen one with a Kahler but wouldn't be surprised if there were some.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4209
    drwiddly said:
    Here's mine.

Kin love it, thanks for sharing 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8540
    Problem with these was that they were launched in 1989, about a year before pointy guitars became an embarrassment. Boat. Missed.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • koneguitaristkoneguitarist Frets: 4168
    The RR range still look good though. 
    The RR range still look good though. 
    They do.  And obviously created by a totally different design team.  Looking them up over the last 24 hours, it was quite a big range, presumably to appeal to all budgets.  Some bolt-on, some set-neck, some with cheap generic parts and others with Fender USA hardware.
  • GizmoGizmo Frets: 1078
    First time i can recall seeing these about was either the cover of Vinnie's Meltdown LP (still a fav shred album of mine) or in vinnies hands during Alice coopers - Hey Stoopid Video on headbanggers ball on MTV sunday nights.

1:42 and 3:19 blink and you'll miss him

Only ever seen a few come up on evilbay uk and either though they were over priced or i forgot to bid

Still this Talon V inverted RRF'ish finish is super sexy.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Gizmo said:
    First time i can recall seeing these about was either the cover of Vinnie's Meltdown LP (still a fav shred album of mine) or in vinnies hands during Alice coopers - Hey Stoopid Video on headbanggers ball on MTV sunday nights.

I wouldn't have remembered Vinnie Moore being in Alice Cooper's band.  Is that other guitarist Stef Burns?
  • SchmoSchmo Frets: 170
    Yes, Stef...now playing with Huey Lewis!
    Gizmo said:

Only ever seen a few come up on evilbay uk and either though they were over priced or i forgot to bid

Still this Talon V inverted RRF'ish finish is super sexy.

Wow love it
    He had lots of guest guitarist on trash and hey stupid I think, some were mick Mars, slash,joe Satriani etc
    Philly_Q said:
    Gizmo said:

I wouldn't have remembered Vinnie Moore being in Alice Cooper's band.  Is that other guitarist Stef Burns?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14571
    drwiddly said:
    … EXCEPT Talon neck is 22 frets rather than 24. Some examples feature Kahler rather than OFR.
    Oddly, my Talon seems to have 24 frets
    You have my commiserations. 

I have the example illustrated on Harry Seven’s wixsite. It reached me with the wrong DiMarzios in it. Kahler 2760 Steeler vibrato.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • drwiddlydrwiddly Frets: 918
    drwiddly said:
    Oddly, my Talon seems to have 24 frets

I have the example illustrated on Harry Seven’s wixsite. It reached me with the wrong DiMarzios in it. Kahler 2760 Steeler vibrato.
    And you have mine :)
  • GizmoGizmo Frets: 1078
    Philly_Q said:

Yep Vinnie is on 2 track's from HS (Stef i think is on all of them) and was part of Alice's 1991 touring band,there are a few VHS bootleg cam gig's up on youtube from that 1991 tour with plenty of shred from both Vinnie (with a heartfield in hand) and Stef

Wow love it
    Have a wiZ as you clearly are a man of great taste

Humm if your looking to offload it how much FF ?,i think i might have asked you about this guitar a year or 2 back when i was on the lookout for a Talon 5 (still looking if anyone has one ? )
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14571
    Gizmo said:
    the example illustrated on Harry Seven’s wixsite.
    Humm if your looking to offload it how much FF ?,i think i might have asked you about this guitar a year or 2 back when i was on the lookout for a Talon 5 (still looking if anyone has one ? )
    Are you still looking? 

The Talon is still in incomplete project form, stored in an SKB hardshell case, behind several other cases.

A looming car repair bill means that I probably ought to sell.

Can we haggle by PM?
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • I loved them , well I remember heartfield talon series , superstrats ,I’m sure vinnie Moore had one 
  • GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3605
    I loved them , well I remember heartfield talon series , superstrats ,I’m sure vinnie Moore had one 
    Weirdly, I remember the ad copy:

'Ripping the commonality from the heart of any piece he attacks' Or something. It was in American, so it made little sense. 
  • GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3605
    This thread is making me want to shred. 

Sans Barnet. 
  • A friend of mine has a Heartfield Elan III which is nice. It has a flame top, 22 fret ebony board and a fold floyd rose. Shreddy but not pointy like the talons.

see link below:
    https://heartfield.guitars/html/elan3.htm