Recommended Luthiers & Techs

What's Hot
1202122232426»

Comments

• ditchboyditchboy Frets: 293
    I stumbled across Sam McClaren guitars while searching for someone to help me set up my OM28 after the previous person had taken the saddle down too low. Sam was incredibly helpful and did the job while I waited. He’s currently based in Stockton but is relocating to York soon. Repairs etc are not the main part of his business however as he hand makes his own steel and classical guitars. One of which I was very tempted by in the OM shape I love. 

Check his website out, he has a ton of good wood if anyone is looking for a bespoke build. The guys attention to detail was really impressive even on a relatively simple job like I had (which is now playing perfectly). 

Not sure electrics are his thing but any issues with my acoustic again or if I ever fancy a new one. I’ll be going back. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Andrew Manners in Corsham is excellent, he did a great job re-fretting my Les Paul 
  • DPCDPC Frets: 55
    Anyone recommend a luthier versed in setting up 8-string Strandbergs? Based in Newport, South Wales but happy to post
  • HaychHaych Frets: 5630
    DPC said:
    Anyone recommend a luthier versed in setting up 8-string Strandbergs? Based in Newport, South Wales but happy to post
    Try Glyn at Boutique Guitars in Caerphilly.

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife

Turns out there is an H in Haych! ~ Sporky

Bit of trading feedback here.

• Bump - Portsmouth / Southampton area or nearish anyone? 
  • GandalphGandalph Frets: 1577
    Sheffield area?
    Stuart Palmer in Doncaster, easily the best around here imo and a top man. 
    DPC said:
    Thanks
    Looking to get a PRS SE refinished and wondered if you could recommend anyone. Based in Newport, South Wales but would be more than happy to post the guitar
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7031
    tFB Trader
    DPC said:
    Looking to get a PRS SE refinished and wondered if you could recommend anyone. Based in Newport, South Wales but would be more than happy to post the guitar
    @lamf68 is in South Wales
  • I can vouch for Ozzy Owl's Guitar Sanctuary in South Yorkshire (Sheffield). 
    Sets up most of the Richtone Guitars as well as a large number of 'famous's'
  • tonystone82tonystone82 Frets: 0
    I’d like to recommend DY Guitars luthier Dennis Yau. He has a website here and is based in Evesham. He makes excellent relics of famous guitars as well as custom made to your specifications. I recently had him build me a custom Tele based on a Robben Ford 1960 slab rosewood board and its amazing, I haven’t stopped playing it! 

• AntonHunterAntonHunter Frets: 920
    Just logged on to @SteveRobinson's site to give him a call (about changing the jack socket from the standard telecaster one to anything that isn't as ridiculous!) and he's retiring next week! Congrats Steve!

Not wanting to be the equivalent of that annoying customer who shows up 5 mins before close... who else is there round Manchester/Stockport I should know about?
  • WYNIR0WYNIR0 Frets: 359
    Adding a recommendation for Adam at Bowdens Guitars  Bowden's Guitars - Guitar Servicing (bowdensguitars.com) in Surbiton. He swapped some pickups for me and is a lovely guy with a Telecaster habit. 

South London / Surbiton

monquixote said:
    I agree with WYNIRO much as personally I think he is a total cock.

• rlwrlw Frets: 4696
    Flame Guitars in Sutton.   Luthier and all round good bloke.  Knows what he’s doing and does it very well.
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Alex2678Alex2678 Frets: 1127
    Any recommendations fit a refret in West Yorkshire?
  • bugilemanbugileman Frets: 56
    Decent guitar luthier or guitar Tech? Guitar tech are pretty useful for general stuff, but a decent guitar luthier is worth his/her weight in gold. There aren't a huge amount around....
  • garethwaregarethware Frets: 2
    Alex2678 said:
    Any recommendations fit a refret in West Yorkshire?
    Would recommend speaking to Gordon at single coil guitar repairs. I've not had a refret but been pleased with everything he's done over the years 
  • BlackjackBlackjack Frets: 247
    A quick shout out for Jim at Planet Guitar based in Orpington in NW Kent.  He has got my Taylor at the moment giving it a bit of a once over for me.  Seems a really nice guy and interested in his customers.  Www.planetguitar.org.uk