SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

*almost* finished Non-Reverse Firebird project **£125 + postage**

What's Hot
MattNovakMattNovak Frets: 907
edited May 2020 in Parts £
Hi all,

Needing to make some space and free up a little bit of cash for an incoming project - up for grabs is a 95% completed project. There's a load of pics on this thread: https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/172840/mattnovak-q1-20-challenge-1-esquire-y-thing-done-1-firebird-y-thing#latest

What's included:
  • body in Sonic Blue nitro (bought unfinished from eBay)
  • neck in mahogany with a walnut fretbooard (made by me)
  • scratchplate and pickguard (again, made by me)

What's needed to finish:
  • a set of tuners
  • your choice of bridge (the neck is made to accomodate an ABR-1 or wrapover bridge)
  • Final shaping and sanding of neck (you get to largely pick your own neck shape)
  • Pickup and electrics (pickguard is routed for a P90)

It's not perfect and I have a whole loads of pics available pointing out the following:

• a couple of paint blemishes
  • some markers are slightly off centre 

No idea how to price it, but it'll look great once its finished:

www.theflyingacesband.com
0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9891
    Ah that is gorgeous. I've no skill to finish it, but that is lovely looking thing
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3007
    Oh Jesus I want that..

• MattNovakMattNovak Frets: 907
    Thanks @thecolourbox

A few more pics I have found below, one thing to mention is that the neck has a carbon fibre stiffening section, rather than a truss rod. If you like a low action and a straight neck its great, check out Vigier guitars for more info as they use the same approach.

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72673
    With apologies to MattNovak for slightly hijacking his thread - although it could help both of us :) - I have a pair of cheap but good Firebird pickups which I would be happy to sell either individually or as a pair, and if needed, an ABR-1-style bridge and stoptail. Unfortunately I don't have any machineheads - mine were for a non-reverse headstock (bizarrely, since the rest of it was reverse!) and are sold anyway.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Good shout ICBM.

Forgot to mention, neck is Fender scale length and 12'' radius.
    edited May 2020
    I also forgot to mention that the pickups are £20 each, the bridge £10 and tailpiece £5, all including postage - or the pair for £35. The bridge is a Sung-Il - the tailpiece and pickups aren't marked, but they all came from the same guitar so I assume they're also Korean. The pickups both measure 8.4K.

Bridge and tailpiece sold.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

I have a whole load of detailed pics on my phone, ready to email should anyone want them.

The weight of body, neck and plastics is a total of 3kg (6.6lb) so it will make a nicely balanced once finished with the lighter neck helping to alleviate any dive.

Quick Saturday bump...
    edited May 2020
    Bridge and tailpiece sold. Pickups still available - £20 each or £35 the pair, including postage.

£130 plus whatever the postage costs for the FB... 
    Quick price drop bump and to say that the bridge pickup has been enlarged to fit a P90 so ICBM's hardware should drop straight in... 
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27704
    That’s a ridiculous price.  It might almost be *too* cheap - people being put off, thinking it can’t be any good at that price!

Great place for someone to start putting a bitsa together.

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • StephenBStephenB Frets: 75
    is the rear cavity cut? Thanks :)
    StephenB said:
    is the rear cavity cut? Thanks :)
    Hi @stepehenb - yes it is, I’m on my phone so can’t link pics but there’s a shot of it in the link above. Also has a cavity cover.
  • StephenBStephenB Frets: 75
    PM incoming :)