Mini project: 1969 Le Mans liveried Les Paul

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• enjoenjo Frets: 278
    davros said:
    Supposedly "chick magnet". It was the only model in 2015 that didn't have all the normal appointments for that year and a normal neck, but Amazon still blew them out for £300.

It's basically the same as the 2014 melody makers, carved top, thin body, but with 1 humbucker instead of 2 P90s. Had a patchy black stain finish.
    I'd rather believe carved maple - a junior with a nice top... You have me gassing for one now and they are no longer in the £300 range, I hope you're happy! ;) Great job.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Andyjr1515Andyjr1515 Frets: 3127
    Beautiful job!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6393
    Great work !  Love the retro styling ! B)
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    I remember them coming out. If they’d had that finish as an option, I might’ve actually bought one! I’ll always think of that model as the Gibson Chick Magnet, now...
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4140
    DrBob said:
    Ah, now, funny you should mention that ...
    I’ll get some pics up later
    Please do - haven't seen that one in an age!
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006
    DrBob said:
    Ah, now, funny you should mention that ...
    I’ll get some pics up later
    Please do - haven't seen that one in an age!
    Unfortunately it’s not in one piece at the minute but I will get some pics up 
  • davrosdavros Frets: 1336
    Nice, that looks amazing, and a little more pro than my effort. I like that the neutrik locking jack looks like it could be a fuel filler or something!
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006
    davros said:
    Nice, that looks amazing, and a little more pro than my effort. I like that the neutrik locking jack looks like it could be a fuel filler or something!
    Thanks man, the “back story” Idea with it was that we wanted to make it look like it had done a seasons racing which is why it’s scuffed and through to the primer in a couple of places. A particularly nice detail rendered by @WezV is the Rev counter/redline fret inlays.
    i just need to get it back up & running
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16725
    that one popped up on my FB  memories yesterday... think i had just done the inlays
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4140
    Superb - that paint job turned out brilliantly, and great work on the inlays too @WezV - I don't think I'd seen the neck before!