Tonefinder - Custom pickups, setups, repairs, refrets etc

What's Hot
Hi everyone, My name is Richard Setford and I own/run Tonefinder Ltd (www.tonefinder.net).
I make my own pickups (check out www.tonefinder.net/pickups) plus I can custom make pickups to your spec. In a nutshell I can produce single coils (for Strats and Teles), humbuckers, and P90s to your requirements or I have a range of pickups available from my website. My prices are incredibly reasonable and I'm more than happy to discuss your requirements so please get in touch if you have any questions. There's also lots of testimonials on my site for you to read from many a happy Tonefinder customer.

I can also offer set-ups, repairs, upgrades, refrets etc to all electric and acoustic guitars & bass.
I hope to hear from your very soon.

Stay frosty!

Rich

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27484
    @tonefinder

Hi Richard - an admin welcome to our site and thanks for introducing yourself.

I've moved your original post to this section ("made in the UK") which is intended as our shop window section for the smaller uk business community.

Hope to see you getting involved across the site in due course.  You'll find that getting involved and sharing knowledge, experience and opinions (etc) is beneficial in terms of building your profile here, and hopefully business, although you might find it detrimental to the amount of free time you have!
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27484
    @tonefinder

Hi Richard - an admin welcome to our site and thanks for introducing yourself.

I've moved your original post to this section ("made in the UK") which is intended as our shop window section for the smaller uk business community.

Hope to see you getting involved across the site in due course.  You'll find that getting involved and sharing knowledge, experience and opinions (etc) is beneficial in terms of building your profile here, and hopefully business, although you might find it detrimental to the amount of free time you have!
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • imaloneimalone Frets: 748
    Welcome! Nice site. The second link in your post (the pickups one) is oddly broken, might want to edit that (the pickups address on your site is okay, but the link in your post is some weird facebook redirect).
  • jimmyguitarjimmyguitar Frets: 2467
    Caution everyone, this guy (Rich) stole my money! I sent him a loaded pickguard to do some wiring work and paid him £110 and he has since ignored all my emails and calls! His excuse was that his dad had died which I obviously respected and gave him space but it has been around three months since that last communication. AVOID!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I'd be interested to hear what you can do to a loaded pickguard that might cost £110.
    Two of the pickups needed rewinding on top of a total overhaul with push pull pots for out of phase and new switch & caps.
  • Ah the price does seem quite reasonable then. :)
    Funny really, I spent today going on as many public forums as possible airing my disappointment and lo and behold he has materialised! Hopefully I'll have my pickguard by next week as now promised.