'Old School' NSG 1's

What's Hot
I was sorting through everything, getting the new workshop ready, and came across these 2 'old school' NSG1's stashed away in some gig bags. These were from an original, hand made batch, made back in 2003, but the guy that did the spraying messed the colours up. So I sanded them back to get them redone and they never got finished, as I got caught up in the NSG25/26 crazy show! They feel great in the hand, the necks and heel are beautiful. Think I'm gonna push these 2 on soon. Maybe an old school sunburst on the 'brown' one (with 2xP90's) and some sort of blue fade over the 'quilted' one (with a classic set of Strat single coils).

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/12i70gx8cbjajd3/AABqjSdq6rWMAoU4VXI_9Ak_a?dl=0
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• WezVWezV Frets: 16725
    Some amazing woods there, be a shame not to get them running again 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • UncleBiffUncleBiff Frets: 52
    WezV said:

How do you get the pics to show in the thread rather than just a link?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16725
    Right click on the pic and copy the link

See the page with the folded corner directly above the text edit box, click on that and paste the link in.   Works better on a proper computer for me, doesn't always post properly when I try it on mobile
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27608
    You did get your hands on some incredible pieces of timber.

:+1:
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    TTony said:

You should see my wood stash! I must have about 100 finger boards of snakewood, cocobola, Brazilian rosewood and other rosewoods and ebony. I’ll post some pics when I’ve been through and sorted it all. 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PhilKingPhilKing Frets: 1481
    The blue one looks fantastic, though I think I would like a trem on it.  Must be the 3 single coils.  What made you go to a 4+2 headstock from your original?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    PhilKing said:
    The blue one looks fantastic, though I think I would like a trem on it.  Must be the 3 single coils.  What made you go to a 4+2 headstock from your original?
    It was just so ‘marmite’ and costed me sales, so I worked up a new version. I always still offered both but the 4+2 was definitely mire popular. I think the original looks better on the ‘25’ double cut and the shorter one looks better on the ‘26’ single cut.
  • normula1normula1 Frets: 640
    the blue one is lovely
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8714
    UncleBiff said:
    WezV said:

How do you get the pics to show in the thread rather than just a link?
    Store them somewhere other than Dropbox or google photos, where only logged on users can see them. Imgur is a good choice.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3497
    UncleBiff said:
    TTony said:

You should see my wood stash! I must have about 100 finger boards of snakewood, cocobola, Brazilian rosewood and other rosewoods and ebony. I’ll post some pics when I’ve been through and sorted it all. 
    There's money in buying rare timber for guitars than stocks and shares right now!

I saw a few Brazilian acoustic sets for a grand recently!

Yes, please do post it up wood pictures if you can (and build threads!)
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4140
    UncleBiff said:
    PhilKing said:
    It was just so ‘marmite’ and costed me sales, so I worked up a new version. I always still offered both but the 4+2 was definitely mire popular. I think the original looks better on the ‘25’ double cut and the shorter one looks better on the ‘26’ single cut.
    I was always more of a fan of the 3x3!

Looks like these will turn out great Nathan, can't wait to see what you do with them. I don't suppose you'd be willing to sell a fingerboard blank or two as well?
    UncleBiff said:
    TTony said:

There's money in buying rare timber for guitars than stocks and shares right now!

I saw a few Brazilian acoustic sets for a grand recently!

Yes, please do post it up wood pictures if you can (and build threads!)
    Probably about 15 years  ago I received a call from my usual flamed sycamore provider saying that he had a container load of old bits of wood to go through that he had bought from a 300 year old grand father clock making company in London. They had been bought out by a Chinese company and everything had been shipped over there apart from this container load of bits and bobs, that were all so old, dirty and dusty, every piece looked the same. I spent the day going through everything and scraping sections of the boards helping to identify everything. By the end of it I had a boot full and I gave him £200 for the lot. In that stash was a 5ft x 1.5ft board of the oldest Brazilian rosewood you will ever see plus another 2 smaller boards, 2x 7ft x 2ft x 2" boards of amazing old growth Brazilian mahogany, A board of Macassar ebony, a section of other rosewoods and a log of Bocote. A good days work!
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    UncleBiff said:
    PhilKing said:

Looks like these will turn out great Nathan, can't wait to see what you do with them. I don't suppose you'd be willing to sell a fingerboard blank or two as well?
    Probably gonna keep hold of the wood stash. Once Ive properly sorted everything and unpacked the workshop fully, I'll go through everything and see what's there. I will need to somehow fund making the guitars again, so I may need to move a few on or sell some wood to cover costs.  
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4140
    UncleBiff said:
    UncleBiff said:
    PhilKing said:

Probably gonna keep hold of the wood stash. Once Ive properly sorted everything and unpacked the workshop fully, I'll go through everything and see what's there. I will need to somehow fund making the guitars again, so I may need to move a few on or sell some wood to cover costs.  
    No worries, consider me on the shortlist if you do so - cheers! :)
  • BowksBowks Frets: 414
    UncleBiff said:
    PhilKing said:
    The 3x3 headstock looks better reversed ;-)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom