NGD. Broadcaster content

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• nick79nick79 Frets: 254
    Thank you very much, that's a compliment indeed! 
    I just thought sod it you only live once, and i had promised myself something nice for my 40th year on this planet. The chances of me getting an original one are nil, so when i saw these i had to have one. I'm sure they are all stunning, but i think i lucked out with this one, the grain is exactly what i wanted, and its a nice weight too. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3496
    nick79 said:
    Thank you very much, that's a compliment indeed! 
    I just thought sod it you only live once, and i had promised myself something nice for my 40th year on this planet. The chances of me getting an original one are nil, so when i saw these i had to have one. I'm sure they are all stunning, but i think i lucked out with this one, the grain is exactly what i wanted, and its a nice weight too. 
    I'm all in favour of a great guitar as a birthday present to yourself!

The build quality looks exceptional for sure.
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13941
    edited June 2020
    Looks great, what's the weight?

6.7 lbs, pretty much perfect for me
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rze99rze99 Frets: 2290

I published a mass of pics of mine here if anyone wants to look in detail at this model.

https://imgur.com/gallery/ifYN5jI

• chris78chris78 Frets: 9316
    Whitecat said:
    The CS version has a compound radius too - the USA model has a more historically accurate consistent 7.25”. 
    On the contrary, broadcaster specs are all over the place, but 9.5 is at least, if not more common than 7.25
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14434
    The Nacho Baños Blackguard book illustrates numerous examples that are 7.25” at the nut, flattening out to 9.5 or 10” at the top fret and with original fret wire. 

Meanwhile, I am jealous because the OP’s guitar appears to have the proper hollow topped Dakaware selector switch cap and my nameless butterscotch Fender does not.  B)
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ArchtopDaveArchtopDave Frets: 1369
    nick79 said:
    That's interesting. They certainly sound good. 
    On another note, the strap that comes with it is as stiff as a board - Its real leather, is there anything i can use to soften it up? Was thinking some kind of leather conditioner, but unsure if that's a good idea considering the nitro finish on the guitar. 
    No idea whether it's a hazard for nitro finishes, but I use Carr's Leather Oil to either soften stiff leather, or resurrect dried leather. If you give it a little time ti sink in fully, then the surface doesn't feel at all oily.
    @Funkfingers ive heard about that mythical book - would love a copy but I believe it’s sold out (and very expensive even if i could find one)
    @ArchtopDave thanks mate, will look into that one!
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5425
    chris78 said:
    Whitecat said:
    The CS version has a compound radius too - the USA model has a more historically accurate consistent 7.25”. 
    On the contrary, broadcaster specs are all over the place, but 9.5 is at least, if not more common than 7.25
    The Nacho Baños Blackguard book illustrates numerous examples that are 7.25” at the nut, flattening out to 9.5 or 10” at the top fret and with original fret wire. 

Meanwhile, I am jealous because the OP’s guitar appears to have the proper hollow topped Dakaware selector switch cap and my nameless butterscotch Fender does not.  B)
    Interesting, thanks!
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12902
    Nice. Very nice. 

Fender really do like to include a lot of goodies, don't they? There is something really weird about them including a cable that must be worth about £2.99 with a Custom Shop guitar though, who buys one of these that would make use of the el-cheapo cable? 
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5048
    Very nice guitar. Is this a regular production model rather than Custom Shop?
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    Thanks. Yep, regular production model. Limited to this year only, I think the custom shop ones are very limited in numbers, 70 in total I think.