Has anybody attempted a Keith Richards Macabre build?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27613
    @TTony Mmmm... that doublecut is stunning :) Where are you sourcing your woods?
    Thanks - it's beautifully light, and the RW neck is as good as only a RW neck can be!

Re sourcing:  I just buy stuff where and when I see it and then leave it in the wood store until I think of something to do with it!  A lot of it comes in plank form, and I'll cut it down, thickness and joint it.   

There's an annual wood fair not far from us, which has been a good source (they sell trees cut down from a country estate).

I got the Korina for the DC years ago - it came from a guy who used to sell wood here (briefly) and via his own website.  But he's long since retired.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @TTony It's one of the best looking guitars I’ve seen in some time. What does it weigh in at?
    'Vot eva happened to the Transylvanian Tvist?'
    @TTony It's one of the best looking guitars I’ve seen in some time. What does it weigh in at?
    Thanks!

Weighs spot on 6lbs.

It's certainly one of my favourite specs - DC shape, Korina body, RW neck, single P90, wrapover bridge - what's not to like!
  • TTony said:
    @TTony It's one of the best looking guitars I’ve seen in some time. What does it weigh in at?
    Thanks!

Weighs spot on 6lbs.

It's certainly one of my favourite specs - DC shape, Korina body, RW neck, single P90, wrapover bridge - what's not to like!
    The fact that I don’t own it? ;)
    'Vot eva happened to the Transylvanian Tvist?'
    Well, you're looking for a project ... you could always aim to make its twin.  
    :)
  • Jez6345789Jez6345789 Frets: 1783