WARNING: Boring Content

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• BradBrad Frets: 662
    axisus said:
    Brad said:

@axisus we all were at some point! Happy to explain a little further, no probs if not though. 

Thanks, but I'm 57, I gave up on theory long ago. I honestly think I have theory dyslexia, it's like it's all written in Chinese!
    All I’ll say is, never say never :smile: 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mattacjonesmattacjones Frets: 506
    Bloody hell ...... I could never remember all those notes, let alone keep time! Is that another 335?!
  • lysanderlysander Frets: 574
    Brad said:
    If the idea of watching someone play to a metronome fills you with dread, don't go any further... wink 

Been checking out triad pairs recently and thought I'd better start going through the usual routine to really get them under my fingers.

Frets 1-5 (this is great as it gives every possibility), all 12 keys through the cycle of 4ths. It's a tough old exercise but great for working on a lot of stuff at once. A fair few rough moments (perfection is overrated anyway), who wants to spot blooper? 

Better get to work on minor, diminished and augmented next bawling 

https://youtu.be/ONl9poJEOY0

Very clean technique and tight timing ! Great stuff.
    I like this exercise - it's quite melodic, I'm going to steal it. I see good shredding material potential too, though I'd be economy picking rather than alternate.
  • BradBrad Frets: 662
    Bloody hell ...... I could never remember all those notes, let alone keep time! Is that another 335?!
    Yeah it’s a lot to take on, but I think you’d be pleasantly surprised by how much stuff duplicates just a fret higher or lower. Keeping time was definitely the hard part once the notes were under the fingers (for the most part).  

This is my one and only 335 these days. I did have an Eastman T486 for a few years which was a great guitar. 

lysander said:
    Very clean technique and tight timing ! Great stuff.
    I like this exercise - it's quite melodic, I'm going to steal it. I see good shredding material potential too, though I'd be economy picking rather than alternate.
    Thanks man and steal away :smile: Yeah you could definitely go to town with this one, go for it!