Your thoughts on the used Guitar market.

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24806
    edited June 2014
    Somebody is bound to post that they've found a 'New, Old Stock' '54 Strat soon....

My local PMT had a 'NOS' 2002 PRS McCarty in there a few weeks ago.

Given its a branch of PMT, the guitar obviously looks like a 'Heavy Relic'.....
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CatthanCatthan Frets: 357
    In my experience, gtrs under £400 and over £2K sell quicker. the former are affordable and the latter appeal to people who are generally better off regardless and the last to get affected b the economy when it takes a hit. gtrs in the £1K- £2K range are expensive for some and not very appealing to the people who have more disposable income and look for higher end CS or signature stuff. funny as the gtrs in that range maybe appealing to pros as they tend to make good work-horses and are of decent quality but seems many full-time pro musos aren't all very well off either..
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11449
    Greg Fessler. Fender Masterbuilt prices have gotten a little out of control in recent years. I've owned a dozen or so and never paid more than £2300 for one. The cheapest was an nearly new Tele that I imported from the US for £900 including shipping and some duty! Saw it sold recently for £2200 as an eight year old used guitar! And believe me it wasn't worth it! 
    I doubt it would still be there if it had been John English or Todd Krause.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monoaminemonoamine Frets: 506
    i have had 2 tokai ls 80s from 1979
    go through my hands in the last 12 months

the first (plain top) sold within minutes of being listed on ebay

the second (flame top) is still for sale 3 months after listing

not sure what to make of this. first went for £1100, seconds up for £1350 (has upgrades and rare flame top). both are very reasonable prices too!!
    1979 Tokai TE-85
    1980 Tokai LS-80
  • BogwhoppitBogwhoppit Frets: 2754
    monoamine said:
    i have had 2 tokai ls 80s from 1979
    go through my hands in the last 12 months

the first (plain top) sold within minutes of being listed on ebay

the second (flame top) is still for sale 3 months after listing

not sure what to make of this. first went for £1100, seconds up for £1350 (has upgrades and rare flame top). both are very reasonable prices too!!
    I sold a wine red LS150 Tokai within minutes back in 2009, not the most popular colour for any LP. A friend of mine has been trying to sell his 2007 Gibson LPs and a Tokai LS150 burst (both mint) for the past 7 months. Apart from some jokers emailing him saying they will take the Gibson of his hands for £900 and "that's being fair and doing him a favour", he has yet to receive any real interest.