FAIR WARNING: LOL/Wow/Wis changes

What's Hot

Comments

• crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11493
    Nothing new in the Admin /MOd interventions thread yet.  I was expecting comedy gold.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    crunchman said:
    Nothing new in the Admin /MOd interventions thread yet.  I was expecting comedy gold.
    Give it time - it’s not Tuesday yet 
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12004
    I personally don’t give 2 hoots about it, if people want to LOL at a serious post, I think they are just sad or need a life etc. I am sure in return they don’t care what I think of them either. So I don’t see any reason at all going back to check all the old posts, it does nothing really but to raise blood pressure. If someone did PM me about a post from the past I will just delete and ignore the message and in return, I won’t be checking and messaging anyone.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • m_cm_c Frets: 1251
    crunchman said:
    I'm surprised we've had no modmin or member meltdowns yet.
    Perhaps the lol-stalkers spent all of yesterday un-loling their targets?
    Or have the stalkee's realised it was those they highly respected who have been lol-ing them, and have now logged out and sunk into an endless spiral of depression, and are now planning to burn all their guitars and equipment in some kind of deep spiritual cleansing ritual, never to be seen on the fretboard ever again?
  • PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4178
    edited July 2020
    When we LOL a post we should then add a screenshot so folks who are on a phone know.

Screen-Shot-2020-07-06-at-09-46-14

(If you find this post funny, please LOL it and provide a screenshot as proof)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10912
    Philtre said:
    When we LOL a post we should then add a screenshot so folks who are on a phone know.

Can't screenshot on a Mac - when I hit command+shift+4 the tooltip text vanishes. I did lol you but you'll have to take my word for it, or check yourself
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12004
    roberty said:
    Philtre said:

Can't screenshot on a Mac - when I hit command+shift+4 the tooltip text vanishes. I did lol you but you'll have to take my word for it, or check yourself

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8601
    m_c said:
    crunchman said:
    have the stalkee's realised it was those they highly respected who have been lol-ing them, and have now logged out and sunk into an endless spiral of depression,
    Post Traumatic LOL Disorder. 
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    I had a feeling this was going to turn into a circus.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10912
    roberty said:
    Philtre said:

Ah okay so it works in Safari but not Chrome. A compelling reason to migrate
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11493
    roberty said:
    roberty said:
    Philtre said:

Ah okay so it works in Safari but not Chrome. A compelling reason to migrate

Works in Firefox, on a PC anyway.
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 19217
    Just use the integrated Apple Screenshot app (probably still living in your Applications/Utilities folder).
    I drag all my frequently used apps like Screenshot to the Dock, much handier  ;)
    Screenshot using Chrome.

• So now we're screenshotting lols to award frets that were put in place to prevent endless +1 posts? Okaaaaaaay. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13980
    had a look at some of my Lols contributors, got bored moved on.

• merlinmerlin Frets: 6802
    tone1 said:
    Is it the same as ‘Hovering’ over a loo seat in fast food outlet? :s
    I'd hate to watch you using your computer.... somehow curious though....... ;)
  • PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4178
    Philtre said:

And, periodically, we should update progress with additional screenshots:

Image-3
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4978
    I think it'd be good to have a "Like"; I think LOL can get misused for meaning like; I think there was something bad news which was LOL'd recently.

Otherwise, though, I think it's a good idea.
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5028
    prowla said:
    I think it'd be good to have a "Like"; I think LOL can get misused for meaning like; I think there was something bad news which was LOL'd recently.

Yes, this can be awkward. I know of someone who was recently advised by her friend that her friend's dad had died. and texted back something like 'will phone later, but just to let you know we're thinking of you. LOL.'

She thought that LOL meant 'lots of love'.
    Call me Dave.
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    edited July 2020
    DB1 said:
    prowla said:

Yes, this can be awkward. I know of someone who was recently advised by her friend that her friend's dad had died. and texted back something like 'will phone later, but just to let you know we're thinking of you. LOL.'

She thought that LOL meant 'lots of love'.
    So what’s the short for lots of love?

edit: asking for a friend.
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26956
    OK, since plenty of folk keep piping up with "I say just get rid of them" or "Just replace them with 'Like'"...that's not going to happen. There are good reasons, but I've stated them so many times I'm getting really bored of typing it out.
    <space for hire>