Replacing a GS Mini - What should I be looking for?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• enjoenjo Frets: 278
    Loved my GS mini and haven't had anything that is quite the same since (sofa comfy travel guitar). However I just picked up a cheap guitalele and while it is pretty poorly finished, made cheaply and needs work to be playable... It scratches the itch for a guitar to pick up and noodle on next to my desk. I bought it for my 4yo but he isn't interested - I've played it quite a bit!
    The one I bought is a gear4music one - not recommended unless you know how to fix problems with set up/poorly cut nuts/ installing side fret markers! Sounds OK though. With that and my Eastman OM I have all I need.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • nanomannanoman Frets: 62
    I really like the look of the Eastman PCH1-GACE or the non electro OM.
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11912
    the best sounding small steel-strung guitar I have ever played is my Avalon Ziricote & Redwood
    Not boxy, and amazingly responsive
  • nanomannanoman Frets: 62
    the best sounding small steel-strung guitar I have ever played is my Avalon Ziricote & Redwood

I've just seen the pics on your thread about it. That is jaw droppingly stunning!
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    nanoman said:

I've just seen the pics on your thread about it. That is jaw droppingly stunning!

So are the prices. Not a guitar I'd be using for a pub gig, that's for sure.

• Well I finally got round to selling the GS Mini and it's been replaced by an Eastman PCH GA-CE in the classic finish. Got a great deal from Forsyths over the Black Friday weekend. Stunning looking and sounding guitar. Hopefully this will kick start my playing again.