The dreaded day has come (hair loss)

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• PhilKingPhilKing Frets: 1485
    I used to have long hair well into my 40's, but started going grey and losing it on top.  I had it all cut off and suddenly got much more popular with the ladies and also it takes a lot less time to dry as a plus.  What you do have to watch out for (as @RiftAmps mentioned), is getting sunburnt on your head.  Living in North Carolina where there is a lot of sun means that I've started to wear a hat more. 

Just go for it, you won't look back.  I can also cut my own hair in lockdown with a set of clippers, which is great, as it always looks darker when it is short.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12385
    Yup you need to remember to put sun cream on your bonce if you’re losing your hair. Just don’t do what I managed the other day... went to slap some cream on my scalp, forgetting that I’d pushed my sunglasses up on top of my head. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogieman said:
    Yup you need to remember to put sun cream on your bonce if you’re losing your hair. Just don’t do what I managed the other day... went to slap some cream on my scalp, forgetting that I’d pushed my sunglasses up on top of my head. 
    Absolutely this. And don't think trees will save you!

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3824
    edited July 2020
    I go over mine with clippers every couple of weeks. I look about ten years younger after cutting it! 

I really don't like long hair on men, unless you are a young, good looking rock star...even then it's pushing it. Looks sadder than the baldy man imo. 
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
    I go over mine with clippers every couple of weeks. I look about ten years younger after cutting it! 

I really don't like long hair on men, unless you are a young, good looking rock star...even then it's pushing it. Looks sadder than the baldy man imo. 
    I'm the opposite, I love to see older guys with longer hair, it's a real two-fingered f*** the world and what it expects of me. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696
    Theres a really good Youtube channel called Baldcafe around this very subject, It links anxiety around image change and loss of control and all the issues associated with this. 

A guy in work had the spray on hair ALL over his head. there natural hair around the sides but thats it. I can not begin to describe what it looks like but its very to think thats the only way this guy can function. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12385
    Jetfire said:

A guy in work had the spray on hair ALL over his head. there natural hair around the sides but thats it. I can not begin to describe what it looks like but its very to think thats the only way this guy can function. 
    I once saw a guy working behind the counter in a burger place who’d done his whole scalp with some sort of spray on stuff. It seriously looked like he rubbed black shoe polish on his head. Absolutely bizarre and once you’d noticed it you couldn’t help but stare at the abomination on his bonce... probably exactly the opposite of what he was hoping for. 
    What makes me cringe is the old top of the pops repeats from the early seventies when it was the law to have long hair. Some people just don't have the hair for it and end up looking like someone's really ugly aunt. Probably OK if you've got a big beard too. It continued in the heavy metal scene but even those guys are starting to see sense. Imagine drew with long hair! 
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4931
    It's nothing to go pulling your hair out over.
  • What makes me cringe is the old top of the pops repeats from the early seventies when it was the law to have long hair. Some people just don't have the hair for it and end up looking like someone's really ugly aunt. Probably OK if you've got a big beard too. It continued in the heavy metal scene but even those guys are starting to see sense. Imagine drew with long hair! 
    ahem...

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4191
    What makes me cringe is the old top of the pops repeats from the early seventies when it was the law to have long hair. Some people just don't have the hair for it and end up looking like someone's really ugly aunt. Probably OK if you've got a big beard too. It continued in the heavy metal scene but even those guys are starting to see sense. Imagine drew with long hair! 
    Those were awesome days, never heard of drew 
     :) 
  • What makes me cringe is the old top of the pops repeats from the early seventies when it was the law to have long hair. Some people just don't have the hair for it and end up looking like someone's really ugly aunt. Probably OK if you've got a big beard too. It continued in the heavy metal scene but even those guys are starting to see sense. Imagine drew with long hair! 
    Those were awesome days, never heard of drew 

Bye!

• I always said if I made it to my 30's with no kids, and most of my hair and teeth i'd be happy. Nearly made the 40's =).
    Still have most of my hair and teeth.
    And a pair of money sponges.
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8189
    Jetfire said:

You work in the White House??
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6896
    Get over yourselves you losers, I'm bald and proud. You have to make the best of what God gave you. The ladies will swoon when they see this and probably one or two fellas as well.

Bald Lives Matter:

Cool Strax costume! He was one of my favs.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8189
    Get over yourselves you losers, I'm bald and proud. You have to make the best of what God gave you. The ladies will swoon when they see this and probably one or two fellas as well.

Bald Lives Matter:

Randall, are you single? Asking for a friend...
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis