SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: Case Latch

What's Hot
JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
Following my thread in the Making and Modding section, I thought I'd have a try on here, see whether any of you lot have a spare latch booting around in your bits box.

Need one for my Ric case, as shown below.  Apparently it's called a Cheney case latch.

Self-confessed Blues Lawyer
Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ronnybronnyb Frets: 1747
    I was looking for the same thing quite some time ago. I couldn't find any for sale in the UK. I put a request on tfb and a kind member sent me a pair free of charge. Can't remember who it was though.  
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
    ronnyb said:
    I was looking for the same thing quite some time ago. I couldn't find any for sale in the UK. I put a request on tfb and a kind member sent me a pair free of charge. Can't remember who it was though.  
    Glad you got a happy ending.. various helpful souls and a bit of interweb digging have put me onto (a) a supplier in the U.K., but they only have gold ones, and (b) a bunch of them on eBay in the USA. Just hopeful that I may find a spare one booting around somewhere rather than dick about importing one, with customs fees and VAT and all that balls.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • harrisonlg81harrisonlg81 Frets: 229
    edited July 2020
    @JerkMoans ;;I had this issue before with a vintage fender tweed case. I changed the 2 locking latches for briefcase latches. Same size, just the top edge was straight and not curved.

something along these lines: https://www.bagspares.co.uk/briefcases/locks-hasps/italian-hasp-chrome-hs508bc.html
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • el84el84 Frets: 1
     I need a gold catch for my fender case, please can you send me the contact for the UK supplier -
    thank you in advance.
  • ronnybronnyb Frets: 1747
    JerkMoans said:
    ronnyb said:
    Glad you got a happy ending.. various helpful souls and a bit of interweb digging have put me onto (a) a supplier in the U.K., but they only have gold ones, and (b) a bunch of them on eBay in the USA. Just hopeful that I may find a spare one booting around somewhere rather than dick about importing one, with customs fees and VAT and all that balls.
    Yes, i found plenty in the USA i think they were about $9. With all the add ons to get them here it was quite expensive.  
    @JerkMoans ;;I had this issue before with a vintage fender tweed case. I changed the 2 locking latches for briefcase latches. Same size, just the top edge was straight and not curved.

something along these lines: https://www.bagspares.co.uk/briefcases/locks-hasps/italian-hasp-chrome-hs508bc.html
    Oooh that was inventive. Thanks for the tip!
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer

Thanks Steve: had already found that site. Vexingly they only have gold ones...
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer