Using Revival Drive before interface - Loads of noise

I'm sure like most tings when recording, I'm doing something wrong. 

I've tried using my Revival Drive as a preamp sitting in-between my guitar and Focusrite Scarlet (have a 2i4 and a 18i20, but using the 2i4 at home). When I do so, there's loads of noise that I'm pretty sure shouldn't be there. I've followed the instructions in the RD manual about the dip switches etc, just wondering if there's a setting on the Scarlet or in logic I should be using to eliminate this? Any help gratefully received.

TIA...
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Rowby1Rowby1 Frets: 1279
    I record using a RD into a Mooer Radar then into
    my interface (Mbox Pro 3) and its really very quiet, much less noise than in the days of me putting a 57 in front of a real amp. Not sure what’s going on there, earth loop maybe?
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7771
    Using the instrument input rather than a line input?
  • Matt_McGMatt_McG Frets: 323
    USB hub, or other grounding issue on the interface?

I have the same issue with an Effectrode valve buffer and my HX Stomp but it goes away once I plug the USB cable directly into the laptop rather than via a USB hub. That's because the HX Stomp doesn't have a grounded PSU and there's some sort of mild ground loop style noise with that pedal. Once it's grounded via USB, the noise levels are really good, it's clearly not the pedal itself that has the issue.