Comments

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22945
    I had no idea who Lukas Nelson was, but nice guitar and the specs seem really good for the price.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • carloscarlos Frets: 3451
    Not a lot of guitar for a lot of money
  • MikeSMikeS Frets: 2133
    edited August 2020
    Here's a clip of Lucas and his LPJ, watch it through if you can, as he gets a tasty tone from it.

Nothing beats simplicity.

Thanks for the heads-up, I'll be having one of those thank you.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • What's the difference between this and a regular model?

Seems expensive for what it is as well, slab body, one pickup, simple wiring, nothing particularly custom about it... 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2901
    What's the difference between this and a regular model?

Seems expensive for what it is as well, slab body, one pickup, simple wiring, nothing particularly custom about it... 
    My thoughts too... I love a LP Jr but don't see much difference between this and the normal one unless I'm missing something. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TTBZ said:
    What's the difference between this and a regular model?

My thoughts too... I love a LP Jr but don't see much difference between this and the normal one unless I'm missing something. 
    Alnico 3 pickup, compensated bridge.

Otherwise just cosmetics, ie a TRC you’d immediately swap.
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5765
    I’ve never heard of him before but I will be listening to his band today. That CSN cover was just wonderful, really heartfelt and authentic to the harmonies and Stephen Stills feel of guitar playing. 

That’s definitely not a stonking bargain of a guitar but if it’s well made, not outrageous for a small run replica of a specific 56 instrument. I think it looks and sounds gorgeous. 
  • I like him and his band.  Some great music and they had a spot at Glastonbury recently.

He spent some time as part of his Dad's backing band, along with a stint with Neil Young.

• mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4671
    Seen his band with Neil Young ( promise of the real) a few years ago and became a fan, lad can play. 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72415
    It’s actually not as overpriced as I expected for a Gibson Custom Shop one.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• ICBM said:
    It’s actually not as overpriced as I expected for a Gibson Custom Shop one.
    That’s because it’s not CS, Gibson USA ;-)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72415

That’s because it’s not CS, Gibson USA ;-)
    Ah. I assumed it was a CS since it’s a signature model and there isn’t anything glaringly wrong about it like they usually do on the non-CS ones :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6906
    I got the email from Gibson about these yesterday. I’d like to try one to compare it to my JXG junior. 
    Previously known as stevebrum
  • bodhibodhi Frets: 1334
    I really like the specs on this model.  Would definitely consider buying one, but we'll see what UK pricing will be like.

Might downgrade the truss rod cover, though.
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5428
    bodhi said:
    I really like the specs on this model.  Would definitely consider buying one, but we'll see what UK pricing will be like.

Might downgrade the truss rod cover, though.
    £1299 preorder at GG is the best price I’m seeing so far. 
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2326
    Never heard of him. Nice guitar. Still think these should be £1000 max really. No longer really a student model no matter what they say. 
  • From a quick look at places allowing preorder - anywhere £1300 to £1500. Preorder is a big call for what the satin finish looks like when only got stock photos to go off. I seem to remember the 2017 Les Paul Tributes being satin finished and looking a bit hit and miss. £1500 is also just enough above the cost of the garden variety junior that you could spend the difference on your own pickup and bridge as a point of preference (I am assuming body will be be tooled same as the regular one in the line)
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9684
    MikeS said:
    Here's a clip of Lucas and his LPJ, watch it through if you can, as he gets a tasty tone from it.

Nothing beats simplicity.

Thanks for the heads-up, I'll be having one of those thank you.

What? A comedy hat?
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Never heard of him. Nice guitar. Still think these should be £1000 max really. No longer really a student model no matter what they say. 
    Just need to run through the classic back in the day student amp - a nice tweed champ. Will also set you back 4 figures ;-)
  • springheadspringhead Frets: 1597
    Was due to see him at a festival a few weeks ago.  Sadly he's not on the lineup for the rescheduled event next year.