Gibson Lukas Nelson '56 Junior model

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2326
    Why are there such huge price differences between the shops? GG usually aren't the cheapest, which makes me think the rest have put extra on top to try and squeeze whatever they can out of it. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5429
    Why are there such huge price differences between the shops? GG usually aren't the cheapest, which makes me think the rest have put extra on top to try and squeeze whatever they can out of it. 
    Looking at the prices elsewhere I feel like GG have undercut the regular price, not that others have put extra on top (although some may have a little). Maybe they just wanted to flip them as fast as they could. Peach and others will inspect and setup - GG will just slap a new shipping label on the box and turn it around...

If it turns out that this is a super hot seller then GG will feel a little sheepish... but I'm sure they are pleased to have cleared their stocking requirements of it right away, Gibson inventory is always a battle innit.
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6881
    Its weird, GG and Andertons often pull stuff then its back up the next day? 

But a lot of Gibbo stuff is listed as 3 month+ wait.. Firebirds were due in in a couple days originally. Guess theres supply issues 
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
    skunkwerx said:
    Its weird, GG and Andertons often pull stuff then its back up the next day? 

But a lot of Gibbo stuff is listed as 3 month+ wait.. Firebirds were due in in a couple days originally. Guess theres supply issues 
    I suppose they know how many preorders they are allocated and can sell up to that number, then if they go the listing probably goes down automatically, someone in purchasing makes a phone call, is told "yeah you can have more" and up it goes again.

I guess everything is running behind at the moment - lower factory output, logistics logjams, etc...
    ICYMI I heard Gibson are going to run loads more of these. I guess they probably won't land until next year now but the run was a success...
  • Whitecat said:
    ICYMI I heard Gibson are going to run loads more of these. I guess they probably won't land until next year now but the run was a success...
    yes i've heard the same, I had to send mine back to Peach due to QC issues, but sadly none left. Thomann are taking pre-orders and intimating they will arrive late this/early next year.....

• skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6881
    Whitecat said:
    yes i've heard the same, I had to send mine back to Peach due to QC issues, but sadly none left. Thomann are taking pre-orders and intimating they will arrive late this/early next year.....
    Oh man what was up with it?
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
  • bodhibodhi Frets: 1334
    Yeah, I noticed the other day that you can still order these from Thomann with a 10-13 week wait time.

Nice.
  • Whitecat said:

Makes sense. They seemed to get stock in a way that suggested there's already been multiple waves, but in current times that could also have been pandemic supply chains.
    Whitecat said:

Makes sense. They seemed to get stock in a way that suggested there's already been multiple waves, but in current times that could also have been pandemic supply chains.
    Yeah, and they always had an out in case it was a flop - fall back on the “well it was just a short limited run” thing. 
  • SimpleSimonSimpleSimon Frets: 1025
    edited November 2020
    skunkwerx said:
    Whitecat said:
    Oh man what was up with it?
    Poor finish on the neck/body joint, instead of being flat it raised up towards the fretboard like it was either filled or not sanded flat....

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FDBoyFDBoy Frets: 1
    I really liked the spec of this guitar when it was announced in 2019 but I couldn’t find one in the UK so I bought something completely different in October of last year, come December and for some reason I can’t explain I log onto Andertons web site and they have two in stock. What to do? I decided to sleep on it, logged in first thing the following morning and there is only one left, again what to do? I click, pay deposit and talk to wife, and quickly agree to sell one of my other guitars. My guitar sells immediately and I payed the balance on the Gibo which arrives on Christmas Eve. Out of the box, open the case and wow, I love the silky vintage finish, I pick the guitar up and it has a smell like no other guitar I have ever owned, I can only liken it to a really good aged whiskey or cigar, then strum and feel the resonance of the strings as they slowly fade away. The guitar has all the extras previously mentioned plus fantastic attention to detail like the aged screws and the P90 has a fuller sound than the one on my previous LPJ. A lovely action, no intonation issues and even the G & B strings stays in tune after digging in. This is a lovely guitar to play and as you can tell I am very pleased with my purchase as I start to build what I hope is going to be a serious long term relationship. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom