Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Accident/insurance advice

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• Even Alan Shearer would agree that’s offside.  ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8189
    Cutting the corner is a red herring. That hasn't caused the accident. The impact has occurred when the OP is back on his side of the road, or at least the part of his car that was hit is anyway.

The more I see this, the more I think the other guy is at fault. If you're crossing the white line, there's a very high duty on you to make sure it's safe to do so. If OP was established, and was stationary beforehand, which he apparently was, the lorry driver is the culpable party.
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    I'm still thinking the fact that you were stationary when the lorry hit you is a powerful defence.

• Tex MexicoTex Mexico Frets: 1196
    So, because this is a newish car (to me) and the firsf really nice car I've owned, I may have overreacted to the extent of the damage. I've just been on my drive this morning and cleaned 98% of the surface marks off, which turned out to be paint transfer (it was metallic white from the truck, which at first looked like it had gone through the primer on mine). What remains is about a 2" dent on the front of my wheel arch, which my friend says he can pop back out no trouble. There's slight panel deflection (-2mm) at the door seam but you can't see it unless you're looking. Not bad for being hit by a lorry.

No excess for me. Hooray!
  • So, because this is a newish car (to me) and the firsf really nice car I've owned, I may have overreacted to the extent of the damage. I've just been on my drive this morning and cleaned 98% of the surface marks off, which turned out to be paint transfer (it was metallic white from the truck, which at first looked like it had gone through the primer on mine). What remains is about a 2" dent on the front of my wheel arch, which my friend says he can pop back out no trouble. There's slight panel deflection (-2mm) at the door seam but you can't see it unless you're looking. Not bad for being hit by a lorry.

That's good news.
    However, I guess you may still see your insurance premium increase next year (as you've had an 'incident').
  • Tex MexicoTex Mexico Frets: 1196
    So, because this is a newish car (to me) and the firsf really nice car I've owned, I may have overreacted to the extent of the damage. I've just been on my drive this morning and cleaned 98% of the surface marks off, which turned out to be paint transfer (it was metallic white from the truck, which at first looked like it had gone through the primer on mine). What remains is about a 2" dent on the front of my wheel arch, which my friend says he can pop back out no trouble. There's slight panel deflection (-2mm) at the door seam but you can't see it unless you're looking. Not bad for being hit by a lorry.

That's good news.
    However, I guess you may still see your insurance premium increase next year (as you've had an 'incident').
    Yeah, agreed. Inevitable as I'd have had to notify my insurance anyway, even if they ruled in my favour.

I got rear-ended in a works van (100% in my favour) about five years ago and my premium went up. Insurance, innit.
  • SRichSRich Frets: 762
    edited August 2020
    Gulliver said:
    You're driving an Audi - you're 100% to blame....
    Not only.......it's a Black Edition...................yo' ass is goin' to jail!............. ;)

https://youtu.be/KCUoNyQCpTc

"There's things I want, there's things I think I want 
    There's things I've had, there's things I wanna have"