SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: Vinyl LP collection.

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7878
    Ok, never mind. Sniped again ;)

if anyway else had any vinyl LP’s they want to donate (for money) to a lovely young lady’s starter collection, let me know. 

She a vegan chef, and runs a co-operative restaurant (with others) and also manages a food co-operative in Birminghsm.  All through lockdown, she (and a team of helpers) cooked thousands of free meals for under-privileged people who can’t afford good nutrition, all meals were delivered, and free.  No questions asked. 

She’s now doing the same for school kids who are not getting school meals. Thousands of them across the Midlands. A good young lady, with a kind heart, and desperate love of music. 

Nothing will be traded or sold, just played and cherished. 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I'm just culling my collection and dug out maybe 150-200 lps to go, lots of 80s, Heaven 17, The Police, The Pretenders, ABC, Human League, Siousxie, INXS etc... and some old skool house/hip hop amongst others. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    If anyone else is selling some records, so let me know. I’ve got a nice starter collection for my daughter now (she adores them), but would be great to get a few more. 

Cheers

Marlin
    Always looking for more. 
    Can buy, or trade for guitars/amps. 
    Cheers
    Marlin
  • jdbwalesjdbwales Frets: 309
    TheMarlin said:
    Always looking for more. 
    Cheers
    Marlin
    Will likely be having a cull soon - Sabbath, Stones and others if any interest?
    edited November 2022
    jdbwales said:
    TheMarlin said:
    Always looking for more. 
    Cheers
    Marlin
    Will likely be having a cull soon - Sabbath, Stones and others if any interest?
    I’m always here interested  

I’ve build turntable based Hifi systems for young family members, and my collection has been pilfered. So need to restock.  

Sticky fingered little tykes!
  • DavidRDavidR Frets: 747
    You are 1h 20min from Walden Records in Saffron Walden. Really great little second-hand vinyl store. Note limited opening hours. You'll have to Google it. No website as far as I know. Worth a trip. Next to towns lovely Bridge End Garden. Lots of nice shops/coffee shops. Would be a jolly trip out. Don't miss The Common.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Will pop in when I’m next up that way :)
  • theatreanchortheatreanchor Frets: 1463
    edited November 2022
    I’ve got loads of the stuff, but taste is so subjective - especially for a young person. I can recommend going to a record fair and picking up cheap pressings of classic albums. You can usually find Steely Dan LPs for £3 or so. Teach her the art of crate digging. Then she’ll never go hungry again.

Here’s one of my favourite clips on collecting. https://youtu.be/1gpKYnRdf0A
    Cheers. If you have a list of vinyl you’re looking to move on, let me know. 
    Loads of guitar gear to trade, and cash sale is always an option too :)
  • Hi mate, 

I have around 200 LPs and some singles for sale, mostly rock from the 70s and 80s. Interested?

Cheers,
    Jim
    sorbz62 said:
    Hi mate, 

I have around 200 LPs and some singles for sale, mostly rock from the 70s and 80s. Interested?

Cheers,
    Jim
    Absolutely.  Any interest in guitar/amp trades for the whole collection?
    I’ve got some lovely bits :)
  • What have you got?
    Will PM you a list 
  •  :3